Chapter 14

"Excuse me, but how am I here?" Asked Itachi. The captain gave out a understanding smile for his confusion.

"You exhausted yourself while battling a hollow. You were lucky that you were capable enough to kill it." Replied Unohana.

"I see," Itachi began to move around to feel around his surroundings. Then a thought crossed his mind. "What happened to the children?"

"I believe that they were able to get away with your bravery. So it's better than nothing, I suppose."

Itachi sighed in satisfaction for his protective of the children. Especially his little brother. He hope he could see him again, but the Soul Society is a massive place to be in, so it's unlikely.

'Jeez, aren't you a caring bastard?' The same voice that tease and insult him came back to him. The voice known as Karasu, was on the bed with Itachi. It seem that Unohana couldn't see him, but only him can deal with his annoyance. Is he really part of his soul?

Scene Change

All thirteen captains stood in the council chamber. With an elderly old man at the head, six stood on each side across from one another.

"Let the council begin." Captain-Commander Yamamoto. The old man is the oldest captain in the Gotei 13, he has aged into a elderly man with a bald head, deep wrinkles, hooked nose, and pronounced cheekbones. He has red eyes, long eyebrows, long mustache, and a hip-length white beard secured by a purple band crossing down it. He has many scars on his body, with the two most prominent being a pair of long scars crossing above his right eye, one of which was left by his battle with his lieutenant. In addition to the standard black shihakushō, he wears a captain's long-sleeved haori draped over his back instead of actually wearing it, with its size being greatly exaggerated.

All twelve stood attention ready for any report.

"Yesterday, a man was picked up after a surge of spiritual pressure was released." Captain-Commander announced.

"Do we know the strength of his power?" Captain Shunsui asked. The laid back captain is a tall, light-skinned Shinigami with high cheekbones, grey eyes and long wavy brown hair. His hair is tied in a long ponytail and has long bangs that frame the left side of his face. He also has a noticeable amount of body hair on his chest, feet, and arms. He wears a Sugegasa straw hat and a pink, flowered lady's kimono, which he drapes across his shoulders and over his Shihakushō. Although his haori and obi sash are cheap, his pin-wheel hairpins are very expensive. He does not wear tabi with his sandals. He has thin facial hair around his mouth and on his cheeks.

"It appears to be that could stronger than a normal Soul Reaper, but further tests have yet to be done." Captain Urahara answered. The young captain had a clean-shaved face and wore the standard Shinigami shihakushō. In his more casual events, he usually wore his geta.

Captain-Commander Yamamoto stood quietly thinking, this was a rather unusual development. A man with such strong spiritual energy, to add a Zanpakuto that had reached Shikai.

"Could I possibly make a suggestion?" Captain Urahara requested.

All turned their focus to the young captain.

"What is it Captain Urahara?" Asked the old man.

"I would just like everyone to know that I have yet to assign a vice captain, maybe this predicament could be solved if he were to be assigned to me." he explained

"Are you saying we put him under your supervision?" Captain Shunsui asked.

"Why not? I doubt we would send him with a Zanpakuto that can clearly release its Shikai." he retorted.

All the captains stood silent as the suggestion of Captain Uraharas request.

Scene Change

Itachi was resting in bed with his blade, observing for his liking. Suddenly, a soul reaper came in his room with a change of clothes. Itachi blinked in confusion.

"What are these for?" He asked.

"You're new clothes. You need to change and report to Captain Urahara." The soul reaper replied.

The soul reaper left Itachi to let the Uchiha to chnage. He examining his new gear, a black kimono and a badge of a sort.  Getting dressed the sleeves were slightly long ending at his wrists. A sash was wrapped around his waist, acting as a belt to hold his Zanpakuto.

Scene Change

Walking in, Itachi never seen much of technology before. He wonder why he was even called here. He knew he was special, since birth he was somewhat of a prodigy. Going to the head office knocking on the door.

"Come in, come in. Itachi-kun!"

Upon entering seeing a man wearing a white Haori over his standard uniform. Glancing at him, he set down his papers.

"Ah, Itachi-kun! How are you feeling?" Asked Urahara.

"I'm feeling better. Are you a captain by any chance?" Replied Itachi. The blond blinked in shocked.

"Oh silly me. I forgot about my introductions. My name is Kisuke Urahara, captain of the 12th company." He gave out a smile for his friendliness for his new recruit. Itachi gave his smile to match the captain.

"So you're wondering why you were called here. Well, with the exception that you displayed with your fight, the captains and I believe that you can be a powerful soul reaper in the future." The blond man clapped his hands together. "So, for your special assignment, you're going to be a vice captain for my division."

Itachi's eyes widened at the proposal that was presented to him. The crow had a small smirk for hearing the statement.

'Oh, wow. Damn Weasel, you already moving up in the world.' Thought Karasu. Itachi sighed at his spirit.