nicknames

We were taking the train to a museum across town and unfortunately Juliette was sitting next to Leonard which really pissed me off. The way she always looked at him and smiled. Terrible.
They haven't even known each other long, only since today! And she acted like they were together. Stupid cow. I had never liked her. She was always curious and got involved in everything. Very, very terrible! The drive was long and soon I fell asleep.
When I woke up, Leonard's head was bent over me.
"Hey, Lorel," he whispered softly. Apparently I had slipped off the seat, so I straightened up.
"Leonard?!" Juliette's voice echoed through the train and came towards us. Leonard sighed.
"Julie, I'm here. With Lorel.” He said Julie! Oh my God. I heard Juliette's angry snort that sounded like a hippopotamus. Still tired and confused, I asked, "Where's the hippo?!" Leonard laughed and helped me to stand up.
"There is no hippopotamus, Lory."
Lory? Why had he called me Lory?
"Lory?!" Juliette squeaked like a pig.
He smiled. "Yes" Leonard used to call me that a lot, but now? OK. If he did, I could do it too, right?
"Leo, can you please help me?"
"Of course." He wrapped his arm around my waist, ignoring Juliett's squeak and pulled me against him. I hadn't expected that, and neither had Juliette. She let out a deafening scream and ran to the others. Apparently this was too much for her. I heard Leonard giggle and he caressed my back. I lay in his arms and didn't move. What was that? Not that I would mind, but it was strange.