Bad Sorcerer

Daithi hid behind a tree, his body trembled as water droplets hit his face. He hid from the town and everyone that was there. He just wanted to be alone. His eyes filled with tears, he didn't know what was wrong with him. He hid his head in his knees, tears flowed from his eyes like waterfalls. He couldn't do anything about it anymore. He slammed his head against the tree, angry at himself. Everything was his fault. His hand inched to his ability core, he slipped it off and stared at it. His hand clutched it. "Stupid spells!" He threw the ability core behind him, not wanting to even see it anymore. He looked down at his own wounds that were in his hand, which slowly formed a fist. He sobbed. Harder than he ever had. Covering his face, pulling at his skin and hair while it poured down on him.

"Daithi...?" A voice spoke from behind him, he could hear the grass crunch, and something being picked up as someone walked towards him. The sorcerer tried his best to wipe his tears. He glanced behind him, it wasn't Gila, or Aoife, but it was Nali. The apparently heartless dwarf. At first Daithi thought he was there just to tease him, or yell at him for what he did. Nali slowly seated himself besides the elf, slipping his deer skull mask off of his face, gently placing it against the tree.

"If you're here to just yell at me, or tease me, just leave." The elf turned his gaze away from the dwarf. Nali looked at him with gentle eyes, he wouldn't take his mask off often, and usually Daithi would be fascinating over his face, but he wasn't. He was cold, shivering, and blood ran down his hand as he did.

"Oh Daithi...Come here little guy." The dwarf wrapped his arm around him, forcing him closer. The sorcerer tried to get away from the touch, but he couldn't help melting into it. He leaned against the dwarf, tears still rolling down his face along with rain. "Your aunts are worried, everyone is." Daithi glanced down at his hand, a frown stuck on his face as he did. Nali squeezed his shoulder as a gesture of comfort. He held Daithi's ability core up, giving it to the sorcerer. Tears streaming down his cheeks staring at it.

"I'm a horrible sorcerer Nali, why was I chosen? I didn't mean to let Aredhel get hurt." His mind flashed back to what happened, his spell failing, her getting hurt. Everything happened so fast, before Daithi could even process anything. It was all his fault. Aredhel would have scars for the rest of her life. The dwarf placed the ability core on Daithi's chest, forcing him to take it.  Nali grabbed his skull again, showing it to Daithi. The sorcerer let his gaze go to the skull that was now in front of him. There were cracks, and the horns looked like they had been cracked off somehow.

"Everyone makes mistakes, and you need to forgive yourself. These cracks on my skull, they were from my father. Not because he did something wrong, but because I did. I know you think your a horrible sorcerer, but you're the best one I've ever seen. The only reason your spells haven't been working is because you don't believe in yourself. You didn't mean to hurt Aredhel and she would never hold it against you. She loves you as her own. Don't blame yourself." The elfs ears twitched as they're lowered, Nali placed his skull back on the ground, now wrapping both of his arms around the elf like he was a child. The dwarfs beard scratched at Daithi's skin, but he didn't care anymore. He just wanted a hug. His heart was warm, and even though everything was hitting him, he wasn't alone anymore. They sat like that until Daithi began to calm down. "Come on now, your aunts are worried sick." Nali glanced at the elf, who was way calmer than before. The dwarf grabbed his skull, brushing it off then slipping it back on his head. Daithi sighed as he glanced down at his ability core, slipping it onto his waist again.

"Y'know you really are soft sometimes." Daithi smiled as they walked towards the lights of the town. The dwarf scoffed, but he was happy the elf was feeling better. Even if it was cold and gloomy, he was glad everything was alright now.