Don't You Just Love it When Things Come Back to Bite You in the Butt?

The next morning I woke up to a sense of a calmness. The memory of the night before had not yet set in. Then I remembered the fight, and what would be waiting for me in the Common Room. The calmness that was over me was suddenly taken over by dread.

I slowly rolled over and put my feet on the ground. The girl's dormitory seemed dangerously quiet, like the silence was pressing against my eardrums. I ran my fingers through my greasy black hair and stood up.

Procrastinating, I slowly made my way to the leather trunk at the end of my bed. I opened it up and took out my school uniform. Laying the skirt and shirt on my bed, I smoothed out the wrinkles. Then, I slowly undressed myself out of my pajamas and slide into my uniform. I walked to the other side of the room where a mirror hung on the wall and watched myself loop my tie around, tying it into a perfect knot. Looking at myself closer, I picked up a hair brush and ran it through my hair. After that, I could think of no other reason to remain in the dorm, so I reluctantly made my way down the stairs.

Waiting at the bottom to greet me was my Uncle and Draco Malfoy, as promised.

"Good Morning, Eleanor." Uncle Severus said in a teasing tone.

"Yeah..." I mumbled back.

"Isn't there something you would like to tell Mr. Malfoy?"

"No." I answered stubbornly. He forced a cough. I took a deep breath. "Iamnothelpingteachremedialpotions,IamtakingitandIamnotintheN.E.W.T.sclassandIwaswonderingify-ouwouldliketocometooneofmyremedialpotionsclassestowatchmebeafaulure." Draco started at me for a moment.

"What?" He finally exclaimed.

"I'm just one big lie." Draco then reacted in a way neither my uncle or I expected; instead of yelling at me or slapping me, he kissed me. He kissed me right there in the middle of the Common Room, under the shocked gaze of my Uncle.

"Oh, I'm so relieved!" He broke away, but then embraced me in a tight hug. "When you said that you were in the N.E.W.T.s class, you made me feel stupid, but you're not in that class, it turns out it's not me that's stupid, it's you!" He stepped back.

"Gee, thanks." He grabbed my upper arm.

"No, no! That's okay, because I don't care if I'm smarted than you!" He kissed me again. He broke away once more, and we both smiled. "Come one, let's go to breakfast" We turned around, only to be blocked by Uncle Severus. During the heart filled moment, we both forgot that he was standing there.

"Professor Snape, I-" Draco started

"Oh, no, there is no reason to explain yourself." He pushed us forward, towards the door. "You two need to go to breakfast." There was a pause, and Draco grabbed my hand. Together we went down stairs to the main hall. On the way out, I looked back to smile at my Uncle, only to find him smiling back.

 ....................................................................................

"We will practice the charm without wands first. After me please...Riddikulus!" Professor Lupin, the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher explained later that day. Everyone in the class repeated the spell.

"This class is ridiculous." Mumbled Draco, making Crabbe, Goyle, Pansy and I laugh.

"Good, very good. But that was the easy part, I'm afraid. You see, the word alone is not enough. And that's were you come in Neville." Lupin continued, gesturing Neville Longbottom, a short, dark haired Gryffindor, forward to a shaking wardrobe that contained a Bogart.

"Ha!" Draco sneered. "This ought to be entertaining!"

"Yeah!" I laughed, "Longbottom is a failure at everything!