the level nine

mark lee was just a young guy with a big heart

mark lee was just a young guy with a big heart. if you asked anyone who knew him personally they would tell you just that. he was raised by his aunt who was only about two years older than him.

at first it had been his aunt and his uncle, his mothers siblings who took custody of mark when he was younger due to the death of both his mother and father. his uncle had just barely made it to fourty five before passing away in a shooting that happened downtown zelan when mark was about nine years old.

maelin was all that mark had left of his family. so you can imagine the terror he felt when he approached the scene at the highway and found her in a burning car off the side of it with a random unconscious girl in her arms.

mark faced unimaginable dangers head on everyday, being your "friendly neighborhood spiderman" was not a job for the weak.

but in a moment of danger against unknown forces, he was able to fight back. the idea of his aunt, who's adored him since before he was born, coming into contact with the forces he fought with every day kept him up at night.

"you're such a big baby," maelin chuckled, running her hands through marks hair softly. "are you gonna get up and let me go to work or are you holding me here captive again?" she hummed, tilting her head.

"i'd hold you here captive for thousands of years if it meant keeping you safe," mark mumbled, pushing his head further into her hands. "just quit your job and let johnny fend for us." he whispered, earning a laugh of shock from the older.

"yah i don't think quitting my job where i help the old and homeless to let my rich boyfriend take care of me would be very moral." she nudged his shoulder, the sarcasm in her tone eliciting a groan from the younger who sat up from his comfortable spot.

"i-" before the younger could say anything more, probably lecture her again about staying safe when he wasn't around, a quick flash of pink light blinded them for about two seconds before they were met with the large smile that yoon dasom always wore on her face.

"hello lees," she waved politely. "sorry to interrupt but we were sent here to check on you." she informed with a bow, hands clasped in front of her. maelin stood, smiling at the younger girl as she pulled her in for a hug.

"i was hoping to see you today," maelin sighed, pulling away. "phoenix, i have some of those chocolate brownie cookies in the kitchen up for grabs. you might wanna get some now before this one gains ten more pounds." she teased, nodding her head in marks direction.

the messy haired male grunted in complaint, leaning back into the couch. "aunt mae, i have updates on the girl." dasom announced, pulling the girl to sit down once again.

maelins eyes widened, a look of relief finding her face as she gasped. "really? is she okay? where did they take her?" she questioned eagerly, not having heard any updates on jueris condition since the accident.