Chapter 1 : The surprise that chills one's heart

"Well done, Xiao Nuan!"

Wei Xiao Nuan's mind was in a mess. She was too absorbed in thinking about last night's movie that she specially picked to help her with today's shooting. The scene was especially sad when she saw the male lead dying to save the female lead in the movie. True enough, she can successfully complete today's crying scene by just remembering last night's dead male lead.

"Xiao Nuan, come here quick! You look great just now, especially when you bawl yourself after aunt feng scolded you! See for yourself on the monitor. what do you think?"

Xiao Nuan closed her eyes for a while. Her eyes stings after crying so tragically. She decided to watch cartoons to soothe her heart after the shooting finishes.

She smiles at the director and trudges over to see her acting on the monitor.

"Whew- thankfully I still look pretty even when I cry!", Xiao Nuan chortled.

The director was amused by her antics and joked, "looks like you have a talent for crying! Why don't you join my next movie and I'll specially save you the sad role! You can cry again there".

Xiao Nuan was speechless. Although she still looks good even when she cries, crying takes too much emotion and it makes her feel tired. She still prefers the dodder flower role where she just needs to look pretty without doing anything.

Sigh- earning money is not easy.

"Director!! Although I would like to join you again with your new project, I will really be crying and not acting if you only give me sad roles! I want to be acting in happy roles too!", Xiao Nuan pouted.

"Hahahaha, you little girl, alright!", The director laughed.

"Hehehehe don't forget to call me if you have roles that suit me, old man! I will be waiting! Okay then, my role's finished so I will be going home. Take care!"

Xiao Nuan headed to where her manager was. They packed up their belongings and her manager sent her home.

"I'm homeeee- WHATT???"

Xiao Nuan is shocked to see their kitchen in a mess right after she comes through the door. The house reeks of burnt smell. There are strange lumps of unidentified matter on the floor. Just as she was about to call her mom, her twin brother emerges from the kitchen. Appearing with his goofy smile, Xiao Nuan would have smiled at him at other times, but not this time.

"WEI YU XUAN! Explain yourself right this instance! What are you doing with that dirty and messy get up? What's happening here? Why is the house like this???", She can't help but ask questions after questions seeing the condition the house is in.

With the same goofy smile, her brother answers, "Hehehehe, was trying to bake some cake for us to eat tonight, but as you can see, I messed up.", he said sheepishly.

"Yeah you sure did, you idiot! Aargh!! Now who's going to clean up this mess!"

Xiao Nuan knew her twin brother could not be trusted with the task of taking care of the house alone, but her parents are busy working and she needs to shoot her television series, so there's really no other option aside from this. She face palmed. Should've known something would happen.

"I know we're identical twins, but I didn't know your talent in the kitchen would be identical to mine!"

Yes, the family has previously been bestowed by their small star an unforgettable experience. Xiao Nuan has just started her career in the entertainment industry and she wanted to bake some cupcakes for the crew and staff. To put it nicely, she has no talent at all in the kitchen and since then, their parents have blacklisted her from entering the kitchen.