01

Life is like a routine.  It was a cycle of a continuation full of repetition. The sun rose, the birds sang their songs, and I opened my little boutique, Mintz, cramped  in between other store fronts in a busy street. The view of the window may not be pleasing for the most part, but once in a while, when the weather is just right, the dull cement streets are filled with brightly  colored and uniquely dressed people walking their way to  New York Fashion week. Seeing it reminds me of the time when I used to sneak off from my folks house to go take some pictures for my fashion blog back when I was a teenager.

I carefully open the box, anticipation bubbling up inside me like a fizzy drink. The moment has finally arrived. It took a while for these treasures to make their way from a designer in Korea to my doorstep, but now they're here, nestled inside this unassuming cardboard package. As I peel back the layers of tape, my face lights up with a smile that stretches from ear to ear.

Inside, I'm greeted by a riot of colors and fabrics, a kaleidoscope of style waiting to be unleashed. I've been eagerly waiting for this moment, my newest collection for the month. Being a fashion enthusiast, I thrive on the thrill of discovering unique pieces that express my individuality.

Nowadays, the younger people are obsessed with Y2K  fashion.  I guess it has to do with   something captivating about that nostalgic era, with its bold and daring fashion statements. I also have a segment of customers who love Y2K fashion from Kpop idols.

I carefully lift each clothing item from the box, cradling them in my hands like precious gems. The fabrics feel soft and luxurious, and the attention to detail is impeccable. A pastel-colored plaid skirt catches my eye, and I hold it up to my waist, twirling around my bedroom. The swish of the fabric is music to my ears.

Next, I discover a vibrant, oversized graphic t-shirt that practically screams '90s nostalgia. The bold prints and neon colors make me feel like I've been transported back in time. I can already picture myself wearing it with high-waisted jeans and chunky sneakers, ready to conquer the world with my own unique style.

As I sift through the rest of the items, each piece seems to speak to me, whispering stories of confidence and self-expression. A pair of wide-legged pants, reminiscent of the fashion-forward idols on my Instagram feed, tempts me with its edgy flair. And a delicate lace top promises to add a touch of femininity to any outfit.

I take a step back and survey the collection spread out on my bed, feeling a surge of gratitude for the ability to express myself through fashion. These clothes are not just mere garments; they are an extension of my personality, a visual representation of my inner world.

With a sense of awe and excitement, I carefully fold each item, placing them neatly on the clothing rack. I carefully pick out some of my best clothing pieces from the racks and carry them over to the window display. As I hang them up, arranging them in an enticing and eye-catching manner, I can't help but feel a flicker of hope. Maybe today will be different. Maybe today someone will stop, intrigued by the vibrant colors and unique designs.

I step back and admire my handiwork, the clothing dancing in the sunlight that streams through the window. I've poured my heart and soul into curating this boutique, filling it with carefully selected pieces that I believe in. Each item represents a piece of my vision, a testament to my passion for fashion.

I watch as people walk by on the busy street, their eyes briefly glancing at the display. But no one stops. No one enters my store. It's been like this since the day I opened, and the disappointment never gets any easier to bear.

A heavy sigh escapes my lips, my heart weighed down by a sense of defeat. I've put in endless hours of work, sacrificing time and energy to make my boutique a success. But the reality is harsh and unforgiving. The only time I see customers flocking to my store is during sales or the holiday season. People come in search of bargains, drawn by the allure of discounted prices. They pick out the perfect outfit, wear it to their events or parties, and then return it, leaving me with a loss. It's a never-ending cycle that leaves me feeling disheartened and financially strained.