Do you ever feel like you fell off for about a year?

Ranboo walked into the burger van, and gagged at the smell of smoke. He told Wilbur he shouldn't smoke inside anymore, considering they lived in the same van (Wilbur called them "roomies"), and he said he wouldn't. He lied. He usually kept to his promise, but, sometimes he forgot what he had said. 

"Wilbur-?" He choked out, waving his hand around, trying to clear the thick smoke. "What are you doing-?"

"Oh, Ran, sorry," Wilbur said, snuffing out his cigarette. "Sorry, just having a tough day."

"It's fine..." He muttered, 

"Did you hear about Quackity's new assistant?" Wilbur asked, standing up out of his chair. The two stood at about the same height, the difference was a few inches.

"No, who is it?"

"Tubbo! I ran into him earlier. Well- I didn't really run into him, I was with Quackity and he showed up, but, I saw him. You might want to go say hi!"

"Oh," Ranboo wasn't listening. "Okay. Maybe later..." He still hadn't brought up his divorce with Wilbur yet, he didn't see it was necessary for him to know, really. It didn't interfere with work, so therefor, not a problem.

"Y'know, I was thinking about something earlier." Wilbur pulled Ranboo out of his trance.

"Oh, what was it?" Ranboo looked at him.

"How come you don't talk about Tubbo or Michael anymore? You used to go on and on about your family, now you don't talk about them at all. What happened?"

"Oh, nothing. Just said everything already." Ranboo lied, a forced smile spread across his face.

"Okay," Wilbur said, grabbing his guitar. "I'm going to go play a bit. See you later!"

"Bye..." Ranboo said, waving slightly.

The second Wilbur was out of sight, Ranboo collapsed onto a chair.

Tubbo? In Las Nevadas? No, he couldn't be here, could he? He thought, doubting what Wilbur had said. Maybe Wilbur's messing with me, maybe he's wondering what happened. But he wouldn't do that, he knows not to... Is he really telling the truth? Did Tubbo really leave? What about Snowchester then? Or Michael? Is he okay? Did something happen to him? Tubbo wouldn't leave him alone... Would he? Maybe he's with Tommy and Shroud.. Maybe Phil? 

Ranboo couldn't decide on an answer he was satisfied with, so he kept on thinking. He was so lost in thought, he didn't notice the knocking on the door until the person started pounding loudly on it. He snapped up and walked over to the door, fiddling with the locks. 

"One minute, one minute..." He said, undoing the many locks that Wilbur had installed. "There we go.." He whispered, swinging the door open.

"How can I...." He trailed off, looking at the person in front of him.

It was Tubbo.