Mourn.

Four months. It had been four months since the band of misfits lost the battle in the upside down. They had done everything in their power to stop it but ultimately failed, and lost a friend along the way. The entire group mourned the loss of Eddie Munson, but the person who was most destroyed was Aden. Aden had been by Eddie's side till he breathed his last breath, holding him tightly with Dustin in his last moments.

Four months Aden has been locked in their room, trying to find a way to live without his best friend and lover. His days were filled with endless tears, occasionally stopping to eat or pick up the phone when it rang but aside from that they were completely and utterly broken. Not only were his days miserable, the nights were so much worse. Hours of restless tossing in bed trying to fall asleep but haunted by the loss keeping him awake and when they finally did fall asleep the dreams were nothing but memories and flashbacks from that horrid day.

Dustin and Aden had just made it through the gate back to our world, waiting for Eddie to follow them. Except Eddie didn't come, mouthing a quiet apology before cutting the makeshift rope and running out of the room. The pair screamed out to Eddie, begging for him to tell them what he was planning. But Eddie couldn't hear them, the thousands if not millions of demobats pounding against the wall of the trailer too deafening for any noise to transfer out of the room Eddie had just left.

Tears streaming down their faces Aden and Dustin looked at each other, knowing they had to follow him before he did something that wouldn't end well. They started running through the trailer, grabbing a chair and a couple pillows to throw through the gate to cushion the landing. As fast as they could they clambered through the slimy portal, falling to the cushions with a loud and slightly painful thud.

Without wasting another second the two of them ran out of the trailer to see that they were already too late. Frozen they watched as the army of alien like bats taking turns ripping the flesh from Eddie's body, the blood curdling screams coming from the man could be heard from miles away. They wanted to do something, every fiber of Aden's being was screaming at them to move and save Eddie. But he couldn't move, he just stood there and watched. That is until the bats miraculously decided to leave, all herding back into the air and flying away.   Dustin and Aden ran to Eddie at their full speed, kneeling beside the man. 

"Eddie! Eddie stay with us man." Dustin begged, pulling his head onto his lap. "Eddie we need you. I need you." Aden cried, taking Eddie's hand in theirs. "Aden.. Dustin.." He muttered weakly, eyes looking between the two of them. "We're here baby, stay with us don't leave please." Aden pleaded, hot tears streaming down his face. "Take care of the group for me, Dustin, I wan't you to take over my position as DM in hellfire can you do that for me man?" Eddie spoke slowly, tears streaming down his tears as well. It wasn't hard to tell that he was holding on to his life with all his might to tell the two his final wishes.

"No! you're going to do that yourself Eddie." Dustin sobbed. "Dustin, it's okay. It's better this way. Aden, my prince, please move on, you're so strong. You'll be okay without me." Eddie continued, using all his strength to raise his hand to cup the boy's cheek, smiling weakly at him. As he slowly lowered his hand back to the ground he spoke his last words. "I love you guys."

The same scene Aden was forced to relive every night and day, for four months, with nothing else to think about. Dustin called regularly, so did Steve, and Robin, and Nancy, they all begged for him to leave the house and today Aden finally gave in. They had agreed to meet at the pick-nick table behind Hawkins High where they had spent many group hangouts during their joined time at the school. Aden kind of looked forward to this, it would be nice to spend a bit of time with the people who experienced the same thing he did.

==========================

this first chapter was hella sad I know, but it offers some backstory. The next chapter will be a lot fluffier, I promise! I'm also not the best at writing very long chapters when it isn't smut, I'm not great at finding enough words to make something of around 1000 words longer but I try.

Love, -Author.