Merry Christmas

I pull him closer to me.

Don't leave.

My hands secure on his hips as his tangle in my hair. His fingers are delicate but firm.

Please.

There's a soft smile on his face that shows off a dimple and reaches to his chocolate eyes that shine with excitement and glee. I could drown in those eyes.

I couldn't bear it.

We sway to the music in our kitchen, leaving the cookies to bake and I can just catch him humming along to 'Baby It's Cold Outisde' under his breath. He has a beautiful voice.

I need you.

Carefree, he tosses his head back and laughs as his dark hair falls over his face that lights up so he looks like an angel. He's my angel.

You're everything.

He grins as I spin him and giggles as I dip him. I never knew Nico Di Angelo could giggle until a few years ago.

I'd die for you.

He moves his hands to loop around my neck and buries his head in the crook. His cold, soft lips press a closed mouth kiss there.

I'd live for you.

I hear him whispering to me and telling me how much he loves me, how he'll never leave me, how he's mine. It feels like a dream.

You're too good for me.

I pull him to me so our bodies are pressed so close I can feel his heartbeat thumping along with mine. I feel like crying.

What would I do without you?

There are so many words that could fall from my parted lips but all I can think of are five useless ones that satisfy him nonetheless.

"I love you. Merry Christmas."