5- A New Friend or Foe?

He has been walking for hours. His legs were hurting really, REALLY bad. He finally gave in and got unconscious.

(???'S POV)

I saw a Dalmatian and a Siberian Husky both unconscious, I was about to leave them to die when-

"This is your chance, you can redeem yourself and forgive yourself for your past deeds. You can honor your parents, my sweet little jewel~." The annoying voice in my head said.

I am not a sweet little jewel anymore, annoying voice.

"Don't you want to be a hero? To have friends? To have a family?"

I paused. It has been forever since my parents died eight weeks after my birth. They always called me their sweet little jewel. I was generous, kind, and confident. Bad news? The 'was' part.

I am bitter, distant from others. Not one person in this cruel, evil world knows about my existence. Do I really want to expose that now?

I groaned in annoyance as I made my decision.

———

(MARSHALL'S POV)

I felt someone carrying me. I felt someone else beside me. I twisted and turned.

"Don't make me regret carrying you when you wake up." I heard someone mutter to themself. But it wasn't Chase or anyone. The voice had a bitter tone. It was a girl.

"Marshall? Where are we going..?"

"I... i don't know Everest.."

Soon everything turned dark for five minutes until I was at some cave. Then I remembered.

"Everest!" I shouted, jumping to my feet. A black husky with bright green eyes screamed.

"Where is she!? Where is my friend!?" I demanded to know as I marched up to her, my face meeting hers... closely.

"I...I..." She looked down submissively.

"S-She's over t-there! Don't hurt me!" I softened at this. I scared the husky. I felt bad.

"Sorry if I scared you," I said as I ran over to Everest.

"Eve, Everest wake up!" I urged her.

"Ugh.. w-w-where a-are we, Marshy?" I blushed bright red.

 w-w-where a-are we, Marshy?" I blushed bright red

"I don't know." I looked at the husky. She was still looking down submissively, away from me (that's a scared blush on the picture bellow and ignore her uniform, collar, pup tag, and hat please)

 She was still looking down submissively, away from me (that's a scared blush on the picture bellow and ignore her uniform, collar, pup tag, and hat please)

"I.. um I... I - your at my home..." the husky said quietly & quickly.

"Who are you?" Everest asked, hostilely, which got the husky more scared.

"I- I'm Crystal..." Crystal said.

"I'm Marshall, i didn't mean to scare you." I said.

"I'm Everest." Everest said.

"What's your story? How'd you end up here?" I asked Crystal. She seemed to pause.

"My...story?"

She sounded hesitant. Everest had forced herself up and joined me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to—" I started, but Crystal stopped me.

"No, no it's fine. It's fine... it's fine, I, uh, you know what? Here's MY story..."

The end of Chapter 5! A new friend, huh? Obviously, Crystal is an OC. You'll find out about her backstory in the next chapter.