escapism

"i hope nobody catch usbut i kinda hope they catch us, anyway"-̶̢͒͂ ̶̹̍͜l̴̳͇̉e̶̼̔s̴̜̔,̷͎̘́ ̴̫͋́c̸͉̊̽ḧ̸̙i̷͖̅͑ͅĺ̸̪̤̈́d̶̛̫̣ȋ̶̫̆s̵̟̯͛ḧ̵̙́́ ̴͇̫̅̏g̴̺̰͒́a̶̙̋͝m̴͖̃̂b̷̥̏i̶͔̍n̸̦͚̂͝o̴͚̣̓͝

but i kinda hope they catch us, anyway"
-̶̢͒͂ ̶̹̍͜l̴̳͇̉e̶̼̔s̴̜̔,̷͎̘́ ̴̫͋́c̸͉̊̽ḧ̸̙i̷͖̅͑ͅĺ̸̪̤̈́d̶̛̫̣ȋ̶̫̆s̵̟̯͛ḧ̵̙́́ ̴͇̫̅̏g̴̺̰͒́a̶̙̋͝m̴͖̃̂b̷̥̏i̶͔̍n̸̦͚̂͝o̴͚̣̓͝

"hoe-bee..? eliyn muttered to herself, "nah uh.. hoh-bee," as she struggled to pronounce the name of the guy she met a few minutes ago.

he was too fine and appeared effortlessly composed that he ended up dominating the poor girl's head. she found him to be really captivating with his piercings and studded appearance. she had almost crashed into a pole by the sly grin he flickered her way.

"eliyn eliyn," hobie said again and over.

he definitely loves the sound of her name. hobie swung around in his chair, fiddling with the guitar strings, and he was inside the offices of the spider society, just chilling. he proceeded to look at the tiny device that was wrapped around his wrist while noted no one else in the surrounding area. to see the girl once more, he made the decision to return back to his universe.

it has been a day since she last saw hobie, but she kept watch over the city at night in case she would see him there once again. he didn't show up at all, much to her disappointment. While watering the plants on her mother's balcony, eliyn sighed to herself.

"nak, tumatampo ka."
(you're sulking.)

"aiya mama! ano ba? she said startled.
(aiya mama! what was that?)

her mother glanced at her daughter as she prepared to leave for work. she had never witnessed her young daughter pout this much or for so long. she gave eliyn a perplexed glance before approaching to stand at her side.

"is it a boy?" eliyn's mother said a smile forming across her face as she continued to tease her.

eliyn stood silent and side-eyed her sweet mother, who grinned even wider as she snatched the watering can from her daughter's grasp and resumed flowering her other plants.

"alam mo anak, ang bata mo pa, feel free to explore your options," jokes her mother.
(you know, you're still young, feel free to explore your options.)

"ew, mama, that's so weird." eliyn scowled at her mother's words.

eliyn wanted to leave the house before her mother so she could get some snacks and go on a little expedition. she wore baggy trousers and a fleece turtleneck, her hair was down, and she wore her black square glasses.

i wonder what that guy is up to right now..

eliyn walked down the stairs and to the bus stop; it was 9 a.m., so she decided to grab herself a quick cup of iced caramel macchiato. she entered the small coffee shop and was now waiting for her drink. she noticed a, man stumbling and slurring his sentences as he entered the cafe.

as soon as she grabbed her order, she accidentally knocked into the inebriated man, pouring her drink all over both of them.

"what the fuck is your problem, bitch?"

eilyn saw him take a knife out of his pocket and threaten the girl with it, but she wasn't gradually phased and lifted her right eyebrow to towards him. 

she quietly said, pouting, "i'm sorry sir, i really didn't mean to."

eliyn was disappointed but not astonished as he drew closer to the girl's face with the knife. the entire cafe was watching the incident and was too afraid to do anything.

he said incoherently, "pay for my clothes, you bitch."

before eliyn  could finish what she was going to say, the man's mouth had been covered in spider web, which he desperately tried to remove while yelling in panic. spiderman's tiny chuckle could be heard coming from behind her. after shooting the man with a web, he drags him out of the cafe and hangs him upside down on a lamppost.

"heyth lheth moth ourth!'

"sorry man, just doin' my job," spiderman replied to the man.

hobie was relieved he arrived just in time before something bad went wrong with eliyn; he overheard a group of people walking out of the cafe describing a poor girl being threatened by some intoxicated guy. he wasn't even aware it was eliyn until he noticed her hair. he was going to walk in and confiscate the knife, but he improvised.

he returned to check on eliyn, who was drinking her caramel mahiatto nonchalantly. he thought it was strange that she didn't react to being threatened but went to check on her anyhow. he cleared his throat and adjusted his mask to appear more presentable.

should i make my voice deeper?

did i put on perfume today? ah shucks i probably forgot.

does she even remember how i sound ?

"hey, miss, are you alright?" he tried to deepen his voice, but it cracked.

fuck me

"doing just fine, thanks bug boy ," eliyn said, trying hard not to smile.

under his mask, hobie smiled; he really liked the simple nickname eliyn had given him. he found himself looking for a few minutes before eliyn cleared her throat and hobie looked into her eyes.

she asked, swinging her hands about, "you doing okay there?"

"oh uh! yeah! my bad," he murmured, attempting to seem cool.

spiderman is such a loser despite being a cool superhero. eliyn has repeatedly seen her on the news, either expressing disappointment about government corruption or saving a stray cat from the top of a tree. when she observed him swinging around the city at night, he would occasionally crash into a few poles because he was distracted by something.

eliyn heard a faint crash at the mini mart across the street, so she looked at hobie and pointed her head in that way, motioning to the small robbery going on at the mart.

"i think there's something going on there, by the way," she calmly informed.

"oh yeah... right, i guess i'll see you around?" in a hurry, hobie remarked.

"if you're lucky," eliyn said, tilting her head sideways.