~*xxiii*~

You stared out over the clouds that were crowded below the mountain, wind whipping in your face.

The memory of Borch letting go replayed in your head, as tears rolled down your cheeks.

Both Jaskier and Geralt stood with you, Jaskier standing on your left as Geralt stood behind you, his arms wrapping around your shoulders.

"You did your best," Geralt whispered, into your ear.

"There's nothing else you could've done," Jaskier added, and you gave him a small smile of thanks. "Why don't we leave tomorrow? That is, if you'll give me another chance to prove myself a...worthy travel companion."

You hummed, nuzzling yourself against Geralt's arms.

"We could head to the coast," Geralt suggested. "Get away for awhile."

You didn't answer.

"Sounds like something Borch would say, doesn't it?" Jaskier said, causing you to close your eyes, a tear running down your face. "Life is too short. Do what pleases you, while you can."

"Composing your next song?" You asked.

"No, I'm just, uh...just trying to work out what pleases me," Jaskier said.

"You'll figure it out," You said. 

"Go to bed, Y/n," Jaskier said. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Back at the tent, Geralt helped you into your gown, giving you soft kisses every time you faced him.

"Geralt," You said, as he kissed your shoulder. "Not that I'm complaining, but...what are you doing?"

"It wasn't your fault," Geralt muttered, in between kisses. "Borch wouldn't let go accidentally. He meant to. And like Jaskier said, there was nothing you could've done."

"But I feel like I could have done something," You said, quietly, as you ran your fingers through Geralt's matted hair.

"Lay down, love," Geralt whispered. "Let me please you."

"Bu-"

"Don't argue with me," Geralt said. "I want to do this."

You sighed, before getting onto the bed and laying on your back.

Geralt tied the tent flaps together, making sure no one could get in.

•Smut Begins•

He then made his way to you, slipping your gown over your head, and staring at your body.

"You're so beautiful," Geralt muttered, kissing your lips.

You let out a soft moan as Geralt moved his hands up your body to massage at your breasts.

It sent a pool of arousal down to your legs, causing you to whimper.

Geralt moved his lips down, kissing at your neck, your collarbone, before kneading one breast and sucking at another one.