ONE WAY FLIGHT

CHAPTER TWO

2021

The first speaker, Mr. Murphy, was one of the rescuers of the Yellowjackets after the incident from 1996 to 1998. The Interviewer Ms. Sloane was slightly intimidated but her eagerness won the battle of dominance in her mind and the words fell from her lips quickly.

"What do you think happened to Constance Stevens?"

He sat nonchalant,one leg perched over the other. Murphy took in a breath processing the question he most expected.People ask him the same thing every year. "Well, as you know" he cleared his throat. "Ms.Stevens was the only Yellowjacket when we arrived not rescued yet still alive"

She raised a brow egging him to carry on. "Her fellow teammates were so caught up in the process they probably didn't register the girl running away. Into the woods"

"And after you gathered the surviving teammates you didn't think to search?"

"That's the thing, as many people already know, we did. We searched all the area's surrounding the woods she could've spread out to. A girl that malnourished,in that weather condition - she couldn't have gone very far on foot in such a little space of time . We looked in every cave, all the lakes and rivers frozen over in that part of the forest. She- she had vanished"

"Have you gotten a word from any of her fellow teammates about where she could've gone- or why she ran. I mean- Why would a teenager voluntarily stay out in the wilderness alone?- especially after witnessing the deaths of nearly a whole planes population of people. Surely the chance to have even a warm bed to sleep in would be enough to get her to stay?"

"Well it's simply the case she must've not been mentally stable. Two years secluded from civilization? There's no chance to say it wasn't anything other that pure attachment to her new life- an animalistic nature that wouldn't have be tamed if she returned to her homeland. If you seen the look on those girls faces- eating something as normal as an orange felt like heaven. Whose to say she didn't prefer it that way?"

"I'm sorry sir, but all I'm getting here is a lot of what ifs and theoretically.  Do you or do you really know anyone that has proof about what actually happened, any activity in the woods following these events?"

"Listen I'm only one person- you could get thousands of people to tell you the story. Hundreds of different versions of the story, many including Teenagers Halloween myths including ghost elements,you know how it goes. All I know is that Constance Stevens ran at the sight of safety and that's the most worrying thing about that wilderness. It's twenty five years later. She's dead."