46.

Lando was doing his practice laps while I was sitting on the pitwall. I didn't really need to do anything just yet, I needed some time to analyse everything.
It was as if their previous strategist didn't really prepare anything, which is obviously where it all went wrong.

I noticed how the camera was on me a lot of times. No one really knew about my switch, until now. I knew people would start talking, but I didn't really care.
It's not that I knew a lot of secrets about Red Bull's car, I knew pretty much nothing if I was honest. I think they always kept the most important things from me, they never really trusted me completely.
"What do you think about it?" Zak looked at me, he was sitting next to me on the pitwall, which didn't happen very often, but I guess it was a special occasion today.
"You want me to be nice or to be honest?" I titled my head as I looked at him, waiting for a response. "Be honest" he said as if it was the most obvious thing.
"I honestly don't know how you guys won so many races" I started laughing a little but I quickly stopped when I realized Zak didn't think it was funny at all.
"But don't worry, I'll come up with something for tomorrow" I said as I jumped off the pitwall and back into the garage.
I was honestly done with seeing myself on the screen and I could work inside much better anyways.

Lando and I were both sitting in the hospitality after the practices. I was working on my laptop while he was feeding Luna.
"Look at the power couple working together" Zak said as he walked in and walked straight to us. Lando and I both looked at each other. "I am working and he's doing nothing" I joked as I pointed at Lando.
Lando just looked at me and titled his head. "Excuse me, I did all the work on track" he shook his head and looked at Luna. "Can you believe that?" she had no idea what it was about so she just nodded. Zak and I started laughing and so did Luna.
"I'm getting bullied in my own hospitality" Lando looked at his trainer Jon, who was sitting a few tables away from us.
"Yeah what's new?" Jon shrugged his shoulders laughing.
We all started laughing, except for Lando, who was trying to be as serious as possible.
"I am gonna sign for Red Bull, let's go Luna" he says as he picks Luna up.
"I will see you later baby" he whispered as he kissed my lips and waved at the others.

I knew Lando would take Luna back to our room and put her to bed, so it gave me a little time to prepare for quali tomorrow.
After an hour or two I decided it was enough so I closed my laptop and looked at my phone. Lando was already texting me.

Lando 🧡 :

Luna is down
Are you coming back soon?
Because I'm falling asleep with her

Nooooo
Wait for me
I promise lots of kisses and cuddles

Ohhh
I am staying awake!

I chuckled as I put my phone away. I was happy we could still flirt and be romantic like that, even after we've been together for years.

"Still working?" Lexi walked next to me as I was walking out of the paddock. "Just finished" I stated the obvious as I was clearly going home.
"I've heard you joined your man" she looked at me and smiled. "Good choice, you'll be unstoppable together" she nudged me a little.
I looked at her, she used to say these things with a lot of sarcasm but there was no sarcasm in her voice right now.
"You wanna hang out tomorrow after quali?" I asked. I don't know what got over me, but I had the feeling she really changed, for the better.
I wanted to get to know that new Lexi. She smiled immediately. "I'd love that" she smiled and waved before walking away.

Maybe I was making a mistake, but maybe we could rebuild our friendship again.