Do I count as everyone?

Bens POV

I had to watch JJ and Kiara flirt with each other non stop for the next week or so. It was excruciating.

One night, I finally decided to talk to her about it. But when it was time for all of us to go to bed, she snuck off with JJ and they probably went and did it in her car.

I had the room to myself and I just sat there, starring at my book. I was trying to read but I couldn't focus. I just kept thinking about how Kiara was making such a bad mistake.

She came back In later that night and I decided it was time.

"Kiara, are you seriously back with JJ again?" I asked, already completely over it

She giggled and started to blush, which gave me my answer

"Kie whyyyy?" I asked, scooting closer on the bed "he cheated on youuu"

"I knowww" she admitted "but it's not like that this time"

I gave her an 'you can't be serious' look and she laughed

"No, what I mean is.. I know what to expect this time." She explained "I'm not looking for romance and happy endings anymore. We're just two friends who find each other attractive so we hook up sometimes"

"Seriously?" I asked. I didn't take Kie for a 'hookup' type of girl

"Yea, I mean we flirt and stuff sure. But it's just for fun" she said "we're not gonna date this time. We're just messing around. I promise"

"Mhm" i teased

"No feelings involved. No one can get hurt" she promised

"Fine" I jokingly rolled my eyes and laid back down. "But if he does something stupid and you end up getting your heart broken... won't say I told you so"

"Yea right" she laughed and threw a pillow at me.

We played around for a little while before we both eventually fell asleep.

We woke up late and lounged around the chateau for a few hours before getting ready to go to a party.

Me, sarah, and John b all rode together while JJ probably rode with Kiara.

I always liked being around John b though. He was so peaceful and sweet to me. He was like an older cousin I could always count on.

I rode in the back of the Twinkie with the married couple. Pope wasn't in to parties much and didn't come.

When we got there, we instantly met up with Kie and JJ and all hung out together. She was wrapped up in his arms as they drank and smoked together. I wasn't much of a party-er myself, but I was an observer.

I liked to watch people and see how they interact with each other. Try to figure out their stories and what secrets they were hiding. I wasn't in to getting absolutely wasted and embarrassing myself. A beer or two got me where I needed.

An hour or so into the party, I decided to go inside to get away from the crowed. There were a few people inside, but most were out by the pool, or swimming.

I went into the kitchen and saw that the kitchen was a mess. I took it upon myself to make it look better. It didn't have to, but it was bothering me and I didn't want to go back outside and watch my best friend hang around her shitty ex all night.

As I was doing that, speak of the devil, her shitty ex comes inside as well. I watch as he slides the glass door open and looks up, seeing me in the kitchen cleaning off the counter.

"What are you doing?" He asked, making his way over and leaning on the counter.

"What does it look like I'm doing" I respond with a sharky attitude

"Cleaning" JJ smirked "but why"

"It's better than being out there" I say, shaking my head as I wipe down the counter.

"What? You don't like parties?" JJ asked, sounding genuine.

"Ehh" I say as I avoid his eye contact. I could tell he was looking at me though "they're alright I guess. Just needed a minute away from everyone"

"Oh" JJ responded in a different tone then before. He walked around the counter and leaned on it, closer to me. "Do I count as everyone?"

I was putting away some boxes under the counter and looked up at him. I stood up slowly and met his eyes

"No" I said simply without making any facial expression, except maybe fear. I was so close to him and he was looking at me with... with... I dunno. I don't want to be delusional and make things up in my head. But something about the way he was looking at me. It just sent my stomach flipping and stole the breath right out of my lungs. I was nervous.

He examined my whole face for moment as I just looked at him.

"Good" he said, taking a quick deep breath and looking the other way. He was casual about it. Like that wasn't just a totally weird moment we just shared. "Cuz, I don't really wanna go back out there yet"

I snapped out of it and went back to what I was doing.

"You don't like parties?" I asked, despite the fact that he was at one every weekend.

"No, I do. But they can get overwhelming sometimes I guess" JJ admitted, scratching the back of his head.

"Exactly" I look over at him and smile. He shot back an unsure half smile and then walked around me to get to the fridge.

He looked inside for a moment and then started digging around in the cabinets behind me. He tossed a loaf of bread on the counter and I shot him a confused look as he made his way back over to the fridge.

"You think these are open to the guests" JJ joked, as he started grabbing materials to make a sandwich out of their fridge.

"Uhm.. no, I don't think so" I laugh as I watch him assemble himself a ham sandwich without even thinking.

"Kooks won't even know it's gone" he shrugged, finishing up.

I just laughed at him as he took a bite.

I started grabbing the things he just took out so that I could put them back in the fridge.

"Ah ah"  JJ said, swatting my hand away "I'm a big boy I can clean up after myself" he joked

"Ok" I laughed and tossing my hands up a little and let him do it. There was a smile that didn't really leave my face.

He cleaned up and started walking outside with his food

"You should come back out" he said, half way to the door

"I will in a minute" I brushed off, still smiling.

He smiled and gave me a goofy thumbs up since his mouth was full.

I watched as he left and saw all of our friends laughing and being confused at the random sandwich that he seemingly got from thin air.

Maybe that's why he did all the random, silly things  he did. He probably liked the attention. That or he really just genuinely was living in his own world and didn't give a single fuck about what people thought of him.

I watched from the glass sliding door. Watching all my friends be themselves. I loved them all so much.

JJ turned back around and made eye contact with me. He shrugged his head to the side, gesturing that I come back outside. I smiled and tapped the counter with my hands before making my way back over to them.

{thanks for reading!! Tell me if you want more!!}