02.

it was around lunch time, i made my way outside the building to the courtyard where everyone ate lunch, i was struggling to find a place to eat

it was around lunch time, i made my way outside the building to the courtyard where everyone ate lunch, i was struggling to find a place to eat. because i joined in the middle of the semester, i have some work to catch up on and also have no friends.

"hey, [name]! over here!" someone called out. i turned my head to see the owner of the voice, she had blonde hair, bright orange orbs and looked very lively.

she sat on a bench with a few other people under the central sakura tree, which was huge.

i timidly walked over to the bench where the group waited for me, my hair flowing from the slight breeze.

"no need to be scared, i'm yoimiya by the way! and this is ayaka, ayato, kuki, itto, gorou, and heizou!" she introduced.

i waved to the group and smiled.

"hey there, compadre! if you want, i, the arataki itto, could show you around!" the white haired male slung an arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer.

"itto, leave the girl alone. i'll give her a tour." a guy with light blue hair spoke up and walked towards me. "kamisato ayato. its a pleasure to meet you, [name]." he held out his hand for me to shake, which i gladly accepted.

"you guys are mean! i can totally give her the tour.." the white-haired male pouted. "itto, you still get lost in the school.." gorou mentioned. "whatever..." the male sighed in defeat.

"i'm sorry, what was that, bull chucker?" a teasing voice said from a distance.

the group turned to see a pair of blonde twins, one male and one female, with a white-haired girl walking with them.

"aether, lumine, paimon! guys this is [name], she's new!" the twins smiled at me and i waved to them nervously.

"lavender melon!" itto exclaimed, making almost every one jump. they went up to each other and did a very complicated handshake.

"paimon's two years younger than us. she's still a wittle baby middle schooler." yoimiya informed me. she pinched paimons cheeks as if she was a baby. "oh whatever! i'll be in the big league with you guys next year!" paimon swatted yoimiya's hand away as if she was a fly.

"uhm, i thought this was a high school?" i spoke up. "it's a middle school and high school combined!" she still held her warm smile. "yeah, we have more friends in middle school. well, only two more...but still!" itto mentioned.

"yeah, we might run into sayu and kirara later, then we can introduce you guys." heizou suggested.

you all spent the rest of lunch together, 'it was really nice making new friends here. i kinda miss my old friends though..' you thought to yourself.

someone noticed your face looking so down. "is something wrong, [name]?" ayaka questioned. "huh? oh yeah, totally fine! i was just thinking about my other friends.." your voice trailed off. gorou then spoke up, "oh, you moved here from mondstadt right? what was it like?"

you raised an eyebrow, "wait, how'd you know?" you asked. "word gets around pretty quickly." he simply answered you, the rest of the group nodded in agreement. 'understandable'

"mondstadt is a very pretty nation, its so calm over there. there is all types of wildlife, mostly boars though. and all the people there are so nice! maybe except diluc.. but everyone there are all friends." everyone stared in awe. "so why did you move here? just curious." heizou asked.

"my mom, she got a new job here so, here we are." i chuckled, "inazuma is so much more beautiful than i expected it to be. you all are so kind." you gave everyone a warm smile.

"what were your other friends like? what were their names?" the group continued to ask a whole bunch of questions considering that they haven't met anyone else from outside of inazuma besides the twins and paimon, or even left the nation.

you thought about all of your friends back in mondstadt, mentally listing each of them dow in your head.

"well, first there's amy, she has an alter ego that goes by the name fischl. then bennett, he's really unlucky." you emphasized 'really' getting the group to understand just how unlucky he is.

you took a deep breath and finished listing your friends. "there's sucrose, she is really smart! along with my other friend albedo, he used to help me and sucrose study for chemistry tests."

you sighed, trying to get through everyone. "then, klee. she's kinda like a pyro maniac, whenever we're in science or chemistry, she's always trying to light something on fire. but she is also a middle schooler along with my other friend, diona!" you grinned from ear to ear as you finished listing them off.

"oh wow.. that's a lot!" itto exclaimed as he recounted all of your friends on his fingers. "i guess, i know more people but those are my main best friends!"

*ʀɪɴɢ*
*ʀɪɴɢ*
*ʀɪɴɢ*

the school bell interrupted the conversation, "guess we have to go to our next class. does anyone know where..." your voice trailed off as you had to look at your schedule. "class 106 is?" you looked at them and almost all of them said they would show you, but didn't want to be late for the next class.

"that's my class right now, i can take you." ayato spoke. he linked his arm with yours and walked with you to your class.

'scara is also in this class?' you thought as you entered the room. so far, you've had the male in all of your classes.

'weird..'