Chapter One: Letters

Dear Martha,

I've been having such a wonderful time here in London. It was a great decision to move here. I did want you to know what I'll be moving back soon.

Yours truly, Emma Carlton

Dear Emma,

I'm very pleased to hear that you're enjoying your time in London. It's great news that you're coming back here to Wales. Alice will be very excited about this. She has been wanting to come and visit you. Perhaps we can fly there. I'm sure that I'll have time to do so. Also tell me, have you found anyone? Aunt Clara wants to know. I'll be waiting for your response.

Love your sister, Martha Carlton

Dear Martha,

There actually is someone. And no I'm terribly sorry but you will not be able to come visit London. At least to see me that is. I have so many things to do including packing up. I'm so very sorry. Tell Aunt Clara that I haven't found anyone though. I don't want her to expect a ring on my finger when I return back. Again, I'm ever so sorry that we cannot have you to stay. Tell Alice that I'm sorry too.

Yours truly, Emma Carlton

Dear Emma,

That's alright. Alice says so too. Never mind that though. What's the name of his guy? And don't worry, I won't tell Aunt Clara.

Love, Martha Carlton

Dear Martha,

The name of this guy is Alexander. Alexander Burton. He has two siblings. Charlotte and George. Charlotte is like my best friend here in London. We met on the same day I met Alexander. George is an okay person. I think you might like him though. Tell Aunt Clara and Alice that I said hi. I'm sure they'll love hearing from me.

Yours truly, Emma Carlton

Alexander sounds nice. I told Aunt Clara and Alice what you said. They both send love. I love you too sis. We'll talk again Thursday. We can both write that day. Until
then, keep all your thoughts to yourself.

Love, Martha Carlton

Dear Martha,

Me and  Alexander are forced to part. I forgot to tell you but we aren't supposed to be dating. Someone caught us. Now I have to move out. The Burton family thought I would be an inconvenience if I stayed. This will be my last letter.

Yours truly, Emma Carlton