Part 3: Chapter 17

3rd person pov

"Marc, you really don't have to." Ava groaned while she sat in bed. She was on a strict bed rest after the nurse found a concussion after the events of last week. She was currently sitting in her bed in a nightgown with arms crossed.

"Ava, wouldn't it be better to know for sure what family that kid is from? Maybe it can make him not evil." Marc suggested with a shrug. He was currently standing at the foot of her bed in his full Auror attire ready to go out.

"He doesn't seem like he wants to know though." Ava sighed, referring to the young Cerus who had accidentally became a little bit like her own ward. "If I train him I think he won't be an evil little shit in the future."

Marc shook his head before walking over and kissing Ava on the top of her head. "Just rest, I'll just look into some leads and I'll be back."

Ava gave her older brother a dirty look and swatted him away. "Your beard is scratchy." She mumbled. It was the only insult she could think of in the moment.

Marc was content with that though so he exited the bed room back into the living room where his brother in law stood with a kid hanging off of each arm like he was a playground.

"Did she poorly insult you when you I told her?" Sebastian asked him.

"She said my beard was scratchy.."

"When she gets angry with me she says I have too many freckles." Sebastian smiled as he lifted on arm to higher so Eleazar's feet would touch the ground.

"Just let me hang out with mum." Eleazar pleaded through his teeth. It was only then Marc realized the kid and the toddler were trying to knock over their father. "You said, If we take you down you'd let us nap with her." El said through his teeth again.

"I want mummy!" Anne trilled and Sebastian's other arm.

"You have to take me down first." Sebastian smiled not even breaking a sweat.

"Well I'm heading out."

If Eleazar had dog ears they would have perked up at the words 'heading out.' "Where are you going?" He asked letting his father go.

"Out..." Marc answered suspiciously.

"Can I go?"

"El.." Sebastian warned, "we've talked about inviting yourself on Auror missions."

"It's about the little Cerus isn't it?" Sebastian scoffed in shock that his son knew everything. "He recently got magic like me and mum. I Can help. I'm going to be 12."

"In like half a year." Sebastian added behind him.

Marc looked at Sebastian. He wouldn't do anything dangerous.. and he's pretty sure Sebastian might like the break from el harassing him about his mom.

"If it's okay with your father." Marc said softly.

Eleazar didn't ask. He just ran in his room to get ready. Sebastian sighed and put Anne on his hip. "He talks a lot. You may regret it in an hour."

"I work with you as my underling... everyday. I'll be fine."

About two hours in Marc was slightly regretting it as they walked up to the orphanage in London. Eleazar stopped talking and looked up at the tall creepy got his styled building. "Before we go in, I want you to know I'm too old for you to leave here." Eleazar said in a serious tone that through Marc off for a split second.

"You're never too old." He said before putting his hands in his pockets and walking in with El trailing behind him.

As he walked in a particularly angry looking muggle sat at a desk. She stopped writing and looked up with a sneer and looked Marc up and down. Her short blond bob didn't move making both boys wonder how much hairspray she uses.