Chapter 11

This is it. This is the day I'm leaving for Canada. Dry, boring Canada. I pack up everything I need. I didn't wear half of my clothing because I was supposed to stay for one more week. I sigh.

I'll visit Patrick one last time before I go. Ah, Patrick. I am so sad that I have to leave him but it's for the betterment. If I stayed another week, I would have fallen deeper in love with him. Thinking about Patrick, I realize things. Does Patrick even really like me? Or did he just not want to be alone? Ah who am I kidding, he probably doesn't even like me. But I will visit him one more time before I leave.

It is raining outside, typical, for a sad day for me. I put on my long black coat that I packed for this occasion. I decide to walk to the cafe where Patrick works. He will wonder why I have my suitcase and stuff.

"Patrick, listen to me." I start to say to Patrick before shedding a tear. I continue telling him about my restaurant and why I have to go home. At this moment, Patrick sheds a single tear from him left eye. I realize something. Patrick does really like me! I noticed how sad he is that I am leaving. I just want to stay with him, here. But I cant. It's too late now.

"I understand. Your restaurant means a lot to you. Just, please be careful making wishes in the dark. You can't be sure when they hit their mark." Patrick states, one of his own quotes. I don't bother understanding it. I just give him an amorous hug and leave into the downpour outside.

As I am walking across the short street, Patrick grabs my arm and quietly states, "Baby, come home." Baby? He called me baby! I just give him one more hug before walking away. I realize that this is probably the last time I'll ever see him. Sad and broken.

As I am walking towards the airport where I will soon be escorted into the county I hate the most, I begin to know what Patrick meant when he was talking about "be careful making wishes in the dark." He means, that I need to be careful asking what I want because one day I won't want it anymore. I guess I could relate this to, "be careful what you wish for, for it might come true." I never wishes to board this plane, to go home. But look at me I am boarding it-

I try to put I foot onto the plane, but I get interrupted by my name.

"Marylou!" I hear being screamed from a man. I ought to believe it it Patrick, but it's not. It is Dan. The guy who was a jerk and allergic to strawberries. why is he here? He runs up to me.

"Marylou," Dan starts out of breath. "I am going to Canada for you. Let me explain, Phil and I have been skyping and we are dating now. I would do anything to see him in real life so He told me about your restaurant needing employees and... Here I am!" Dan finishes. Oh my gosh. I can't believe Dan is going go me. I also can't believe Phil is gay! He never told me that.

"Dan, thank you. I wish you and Phil good luck" I smile at him. I leave the airport awkwardly. who goes to an airport and then never goes on a plane.

The first thing I do is go to Patrick's cafe and surprise him.

I walk into the cafe and jump up onto him so that he is carrying me bridal style. I tell him the whole story and that I can still go to the firework show with him. I just might be the luckiest girl in Paris.