Tease

Another couple of years passed by, things returning to normal after Brian and Tara had made up, their romance blossoming even more as autumn circled back around again and the hotter days progressed into cooler, rainy days. Tara had officially moved in with Brian, ditching her old flat since she spent all her time with him anyways, the two of them joined at the hip so often that it just about made the rest of the band and her friends sick.

Queen was gaining traction (the name of the band having changed on Freddie's accord) even scoring some studio time after Freddie convinced Roger to sell his precious van, the damn thing having broken down on them about four times on the way to their shows. After about a week or so of incredibly late nights, they had their very first album. Afterwards, catching the attention of EMI and John Reid, the same folks who looked after Elton John. Not soon after that, Reid had gotten them scheduled to open for Mott the Hoople on a two part tour of England and America. 1974 was set to be a great year and everyone was thrilled.

Tara couldn't be more proud of the boys, having stayed over with Brian many of those nights in support.

Everything seemed like it was falling into place and no one could be happier.

Soon, September turned into October, and Tara had yet to hear anything from Biba about her brand. She had met recently with Gina, the head of sales, the first of the month, displaying an entire collections worth of pants, tops, blouses, dresses, mens clothing, etc. You named it, she probably had it in her collection, having spent what time she did have to herself over the summer completing all the pieces one by one.

Today was the day Gina had promised to phone her with more information and Tara was a nervous wreck. She'd been pacing the floors of the living room all morning, staring down the phone every other second as if willing it to ring.

"Oh come off it love, and have some lunch with me before everyone gets here! I picked up some panini's from the diner that you like." Brian called out to her from the kitchen, unpacking a to-go bag.

"In a minute Bri!"

Tara picked at the skin around her thumbs, uncerimoniously dropping herself into the chaise lounge next to the phone, propping her head up with her hand. Brian sighed at the sight and walked over to her, gently placing his hands on her shoulders and placing a kiss on the top of her head.

"You know it's not going to ring if you keep staring at it like that." He chuckled.

"Pish posh, Mr. May!" She taunted, giving into his teasing and following him back to the kitchen to eat.

"What?" He said, "She'll call darling, that's all I'm getting at."

Tara sighed, knowing he was right, which he often was. After a bit more staring at the device, she picked herself up and joined Brian in the kitchen, the two of them quickly polishing off their food so they could get to packing their bags.

In celebration of the boys first album being released, the group had decided to take a two day trip to a lake house about an hour away from London. It was going to be unusually hot that weekend and they all wanted to take advantage of the nicer weather before it returned to its normal dreary self.

One finished, they placed their belongings next to the door, waiting for the others to pick them up. Soon, one by one, they all arrived: Roger in his new black Jensen Interceptor, and Freddie in the band's new minibus.

"Shotgun!" Tara screamed, quickly racing over to Roger's sleek car, hopping up onto the bonnet once she'd arrived, a playful smirk coming across her face.

"That's a load of shite! I'm taller, I need the leg room!" Brian whined, dropping their bags at the trunk of the van.

"Sorry babe! Those are the rules."