chapter 1

I go up on my tip toes as I push the unperchesed book back on to the top shelf, heading back to the sales counter of my small book shop, I pick my coffee up and take a small sip, the liquid still hot and burning my lips, I place it back down on the counter and look out the window in to the street, it was bustling with life a few hours ago, people running around doing errands, or maybe keeping there appointments, but the late summer sun now lies low in the sky casting a soft warm orange glow over everything, a soft lazy breeze flows through the open door of the store, the soft cent of the flowers of the pink blossom tree outside filled my nose as I closed my eyes and breathed in, the soft smell always being one of my favourite, I always found that it calmed my nerves and relaxed my body.

Looking at the old wooden clock above the door, it was half six, time to close, standing from my stool behind the counter I slide my thin grey cardigan on and pull the strap of my messenger bag over my shoulder, locking the store up I head home to my small but comfortable apartment.

Closing the door behind me I hook my bag over a coat hook, I paused as a flood of memories fill my mind, my breath hitches at the invasion in my mind, I head to the kitchen as I block the erotic memories, taking my takeaway out of it's bag, I place the thai green curry in to a bowl, grabbing a coke from the fridge I head into the small living room, placing my coke on the small table next to my answer phone, it's then that I noticed a unread message, leaning over I press the play button.

Glancing down at my now cold food, I blink a few times, taking a big breath, not feeling hungry any longer I take my bowl and place it in the sink before turning the lights off and heading straight to bed in a bit of a daze.

Voice mail.

" Ah, hi there Mr Young, I'm Mr D Banner and I'm calling from ' West James hospital ', I am sorry, I really didn't wish to break this news over the phone, I am so sorry to inform you of your mother's passing, I have been trying to contact you for the last three weeks, and I am sorry but her funeral was two weeks back, please understand, I did try to find you to notify you when the funeral was, if you could contact me on the following number, there are some issues I would like to discuss with you, please except my condolences, and I look forward to hearing from you."

next day.

I look into my bathroom mirror, water dripping off my hair and body, I've not spoken to my mother, well since I left ' VallyHeights ', after I had left, apparently Pike had gone right off the rails and his father had caused some problems for my mother at the hospital she worked at, he had found out about Pike and me, but his only problem was that his son wanted me and my mother refused to tell him anything of where I was unless he paid her, need I say I moved on pretty quickly, I had come back from my new school only to spot Pike's truck parked a few blocks from where I was staying, hence why I had stopped contact with my mother.

 I have no idea how much Pike's dad paid my mother, but it was enough to buy her house, a new car and still have a bit in the bank, running my fingers through my still wet hair, I focus on the scar that cuts almost mockenly through my eyebrow, prominent and proud a constant reminder of what I decided to leave behind, I hate the fact that I still wake from my sleep ether sweating from a nightmare or panting and aroused, confused that ' HE ' is the protagonist in both.

It's been a few days since the phone call, I've decided to drive to 'Vally Heights ,' that way if anything happens, I don't have to wait for a flight or bus, I can just sort what needs to be sorted and leave, I have no intentions of hanging around or bumping in to anyone.

Finally packing just a small travel bag, sliding in to my car and placing my bag in the passenger seat, I take a deep breath, " In and out, no hanging about, just a few hours to sort mom's finances out, and leave," starting the car, I know the eight hour drive back to ' VallyHeights ' is going to take it's toll on me, but this is definitely something I am not looking forward to, but like I said, ' In and out, as quickly as I can, I had already arranged to meet Mr Banner at his office and all I had to do was give him a quick call as soon as I had got to town and he would have all the paperwork ready for me to sign, I am feeling pretty confident that this will all go smoothly, but, to be honest, nothing in my life ran smoothly.

VallyHights.

" Mr James, I am pleased to inform you that Mr Young will be arriving in just a few days, would you like me to inform you as soon as he arrives sir", Mr Banner swallowed hard as silence was all that came from the other end of the phone for a few moments, " Yes, as soon as", the voice was deep and smooth, but also held a hint of threat, " yes sir, you ca...", the line went dead, Mr Banner swallowed hard, Mr James was a very intimidating man, especially if he didn't get what he wanted, but even Mr Banner knew that his boss had been looking for this ' Noah Young ' for the past few years, and his boss had gone to some extremes in trying to locate him, the fact that this young man's mother had passed away, his own knees had almost buckled at the look on his bosses face when he had heard of the woman's death, his bosses face had literally lit up, realising the opportunity that had just landed in his lap, his boss had become cold and extremely aggressive over the years, Mr Banner couldn't help but feel extremely sorry for this young man who was now on his way in to god knows what that Mr james, his boss has in store for him.

here is the 1st chapter, I will say update's at times may be slow, just warning you in advance.

Sam