chapter 8.

"the hacking is finally done" charlie says, sat at the table in the chateau.

"finally" jj says, getting up and going over to the table where charlie is sat.

he looks over his shoulder at the computer screen.

"okay, this is just a bunch of letters" jj says, pointing at it.

"that's what hacking looks like, jj" charlie says.

jj shakes his head and walks away again.

"jj, let's get out of the way and grab some supplies, yeah? you know.. like a bolt cutter for the gate and stuff" sarah says, patting jj's shoulder.

he nods. "sure" he sighs.

"we'll see you soon" sarah says to the other three pogues in the chateau.

they nod and sarah drags jj out the door.
_________

"i've been here for a week today" kie says to emily, who's running next to her around the track on the grass.

"you're the closest i've had to a friend in this place" emily says.

"uh, thanks... for like... making this feel not so bad. i still don't want to be here but i feel so much more comfortable knowing that i have a friend and someone to talk to. at least i'm not alone" kie says.

emily nods and smiles. "yeah, me too"

"i miss jj, sarah, john b, pope and charlie so much though" kie says.

"i can tell" emily says.

"i haven't really been away from them in quite a long time" kie says. "do you get used to it after a while?"

"you'd think so... but no. i wish. it still hurts. you have good days and bad days" emily says.

kie nods. "i'm sorry you've been here for so long, it must be so shitty" she says.

emily shrugs her shoulders. "i just hope i make it out of here some day"

"you will, i promise" kie says.
___________

"okay, me and jj got the stuff" sarah says as she walks back into the chateau a few hours later, with jj and a few bags.

"well, we're ready to go. we know which building and which room kie is in, and charlie can disable the alarms for 5 minutes when we're in there" pope says.

"that's great!" jj says.

"yeah" john b says.

"she's in building 4, room 25. 5th room on the second floor" charlie says.

"so that's this building" pope says, pointing at the board.

"okay. so we're ready?" jj says.

"yeah" john b says.

"great! now we can finally go get her!" jj says.

"we need to get changed in all black, and load up the twinkie. and there's still a 4 hour drive ahead of us" sarah says.

"then let's do that right now" jj says.

"by the time we get there, it'll be 10 ish. that means it'll be dark and night, just like we planned" john b says.

"yeah" pope says.

"perfect. let's go then!" jj says, clapping his hands.
__________

another same, boring day goes by at blue ridge for kie. she's only been here for a week and she's already sick. it's just the same thing every day. it's draining. she takes a shower, washes her hair, gets changed, and sits in her bed. she doesn't sleep though. she just looks around the room in silence, thinking. it's this time everyday that her thoughts really consume her, when she's left alone with them. it's usually about her friends or family. mainly, jj. she keeps kicking herself for the way she left things between them. she ignored him and avoided him for weeks. she should've just spoke to him, at least then they'd be on good terms right now.