✈️ 💨the sound of his music...

Credits to the photo owner 🥹
Author POV:
It was a long day for everyone that day, But it was mostly Xiao that had it the worst. He had spent the day conquering demons like usual, but got ambushed by two ruin guards and a ruin hunter while clearing a hilichurl camp causing him to have lost a lot of stamina and could hardly walk.
Xiao POV:
I was walking around Dihua Marsh trying to get back to to Wangshu inn while barely being able to walk, limping as quick as I could just wanting to get to my room. But then I heard a weird sound coming towards me from a boulder in the sea witch sounded... peaceful and calming... I walk towards it try to see what the sound was and what it was coming from only to see a short bard there who looked a little around my size, of course I don't want to admit it but he looked a little taller then me he was wearing all greenish-blue clothing and he had a strange cape on and a hat that matched the rest of his outfit

 I walk towards it try to see what the sound was and what it was coming from only to see a short bard there who looked a little around my size, of course I don't want to admit it but he looked a little taller then me he was wearing all greenish-bl...

I stood and listed... I had heard this song before- I thought then I remembered something. it was the same guy playing the same song at the same place! But there was something different I couldn't exactly come to realize what was different- then I remembered something last time I saw him playing he was using a flute! This time he was using a lyre. Then I remembered that last time I had listed to his music I was healed and calmed down... I then look up to see the bard only to realize he wasn't there anymore. Well I guess it's time to continue going back to the inn then- right as I turn around I see the bard hanging from the tree by his legs witch had caught me off guard a little.
Venti POV:
As I was playing my lyre I look behind me to see a very short man only a little taller then kusanali witch came off a little funny to me causing me to giggle. Seeing he had no reaction to my laugh I then assumed he must have been in deep thought so I stopped playing the lyre and used my skill to glide over him to not alert him but just as I was about to keep going back towards mondstat when I got a better look at him I felt as if he was familiar- but how? I then hop onto a tree behind him to get a better look and start hanging from it. I then watch as he turns around, he looked a little startled when he saw me. I giggle a little at his reaction witch makes him pretty unamused.
Xiao POV:
The bard started to giggle witch got me a little mad but as he was laughing I got a good look at his face and I must say... he looks quite attractive and his smile is- wait- WHAT- nvm that, he's sitting there laughing at me!
Venti POV:
When I was done laughing I saw him staring at me so I took this as an opportunity to take on some of his features. He had dark teal hair with a teal streak in it, He was wearing very traditional liyue clothing, His face was beautiful and he was holding a spear that looked to be made of jade as green as emeralds. Then when he was done staring I decided to hop down from the tree and introduce myself. "Hello there! My name is Venti, Venti the bard!" He then looked me in the eyes and said " I am the vigilant yakasha.. or xiao.." he then announced shyly carrying his gaze from my eyes to the ground. Hmm a yakasha... oooooh he must be one of morax's adepti I then thought. "Hey I have a question to ask!" I then announce
Xiao POV:
"umm sure?" I then say. He then answers with "would you mind letting me have a place to stay for the night?" I then look at him and sigh not wanting to deal with any arguing right now considering I was still hurt from earlier. "Sure" I then say. He then looks up at me so happy it looks like he was glowing. "Really? Thank you so much!!!" He practically yelled. "Shhh keep it down we're just going to wangshu inn ok?" I say. I then start limping back towards the inn. when we started walking the bard then says, "here wait a minute!" He then reached towards his pocket and pulls out a flute after he then started playing the tune from before... the tune from.. that day... I started to feel a lot better but after some time of listening I then felt one thing a haven't been able to feel for months: being tired. I then fall over about to black out and right as I fell I see the bard drop his flute and come running towards me. Next thing I knew was that I was in wanshu inn, on my bed, WITH THE BARD. I then start to freak out not only being very confused but I could feel my face heating up and my heart pounding in my chest. I then jump up from my bed and start pacing around the room then I stop and stair at the bard. His weird jacket-like cape was took off along with his hat, shoes, and his braids. not to mention how cute his little snores were and how adorable he looked with out his braids I couldn't contain it anymore. I looked at the bard and kissed him ever so softly on the nose and gave a quick smile and then said "I know you may not remember me but thank you"

"... I love you.. barbatos"