Chapter Four

A few hours have passed since I came to the hospital and they didn't let me in to see my dear husband who is now fighting for his life, doctors say he needs rest after the operation he had.

I was sitting on a chair in the hospital hall that was positioned in front of Jules' door, since I arrived at his hospital room, Jules' brother told me that the doctors were with him since they came out of the operation.

As I was thinking about the future of my children with Jules, I had a hand on my still invisible belly, I knew I was pregnant because I took a pregnancy test before leaving for Japan and I wanted to tell him tonight but now I don't have how to tell him

Suddenly I feel someone who put his hand on my shoulder, when I look up I see the doctor who came out of Jules' room, I stand up and wait for him to say something and as he looks at me I can see that I am desperate.

"Mrs. Bianchi, I can't say that we have very good news. I'd better move on to the subject, Mr. Bianchi underwent a rather complicated operation and we put him in a coma to keep him alive, now he is stable and I I was waiting for someone from his family to come. I know his brother was here and he told me to wait for his wife to come so we can talk," the doctor told me

"I understand. Where do you want us to talk?"

"If it is possible for us to go to my office, I have to ask you some information. As I told you, your brother-in-law wanted to talk to you Mrs. Bianchi"

I nod approvingly and he motions for me to follow him into his office, he opens the door and waits for me to enter. He goes and sits on the chair and again motions for me to take a seat and I do so

"So Mrs. Bianchi, I need more information about your husband, if you are okay with this"

"I'm ok with this."

"Ok. Where do you live? So that I know where we can send him, the family should be close and you should be closer to home. There is no way I can let you stay alone in Japan and we are making this as easy as possible for you"

"I understand. We live in Nice, France."

"I understand, I will contact the hospital in Nice to see what we can do."

"Ok", I get up to leave but I go back to the doctor and he raises his head from the computer and looks at me, as if he knew I wanted something else.

"Can I help you with anything Mrs. Bianchi?"

"Yes. Can I go see my husband?", I asked him excitedly, one part of me said that he wouldn't leave me but the other said that he would. I look at him, if he looked into my eyes he could see that I was begging him just by looking at him

"You can go Mrs. Bianchi, stay with him as long as you want."

"Thank you doctor"

"You have nothing to thank me for, it is my duty and my work"

And after he said these words, I left for the salon where the love of my life was, I can't believe that the man I married, the one I would give my life to, he was fighting to live, this thought I'm torn, I still don't want to imagine what can happen, I have to be positive.

Finally I reached the door, I take a breath and open the door slowly and when I raise my head I see him, the person I fell in love with at the age of 14, the person who showed me the path to happiness, the whom I married, my Jules.

I slowly go to the bed and I can't believe that it ended up like this, a few hours ago he was next to me and now he is on a hospital bed, I see that there is a chair next to the bed, I pull it closer to the bed and sit down, I look at Jules and feel that tears are forming in my eyes again, I reach out and take his hand and what I expected is the hand where he holds his wedding ring, when I felt it, a small smile appeared on my lips.

"Jules, I don't know if you can hear me or not. But I need you, not only I need you. We need you. Maybe you're wondering which one. Jules, love, I'm pregnant, I was going to tell you tonight but I didn't have time to tell you, I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier." , after the confession I said I started to cry loudly, I couldn't help myself, I hid this from him and now I feel like going to the ground for this, I feel guilty but why should I say that I feel. I'm guilty because I didn't tell him and now it's too late and now I regret it.

"Whatever happens, I want you to know that I will not stop loving you, you will always be the first person to experience all things and I am grateful to you for that and I will not leave your side, I will be by your side, no matter how long it takes. I love you Jules Bianchi"

I bring his hand to my lips and kiss his hand and then I put my head on his palm, I want to be with him, no matter how long it takes. As we swore at our wedding.

I will be by your side through thick and thin until death do us part