━━━━ ❝ 𝐂𝐔𝐓𝐒! ❞

━━━━━

CHAPTER NOTICE:

this chapter contains
scenes that canonically occurred in
the story, however, was not
written in.

━━━━━

"LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE LEFTOVER CHICKEN NUGGET!" (Y/N) taunted, watching the red-winged pro hero land in front of her with a playful scorn on her face. "That's what you get for starting a competition you can't win. Karma is my bitch!"

"Yeah, yeah. Don't get too cocky now, Einstein." Hawks rolled his eyes with an exasperated sigh, leaning on a broken bumper cart in exhaustion. "Now, you gonna show me what you can do?"

(Y/N) gave an expression of incredulity and disbelief, unable to contain her offense. "You led me to an abandoned amusement park and you're asking me to give you a show?!"

Hawks widened his eyes and unconsciously stood up whilst shaking both of his hands in denial. "No! No! No! I was saying that maybe you can explain why you are in that... robot and what that is." The young genius narrowed her eyes at him, at this he added: "I just think that as a pro hero, it is my duty to check on unusual stuff to ensure that it isn't a threat to life."

"Well, the 'it' is she, and she is me. (L/N) (Y/N)," the young genius introduced herself with a confident smirk.

Recognition dawned on the pro hero's face, "(L/N)? As in the company (L/N) industries?"

"Yup."

"Yeah," Hawks gazed at her directly in the eye with a charming smile that made (Y/N) acknowledge his good looks. "The first time I heard about you was on the Forbes."

(Y/N) grinned proudly and nodded in assent. "Yes, I was on the cover."

"Yes, I remember those big headlines," the pro hero chuckled though, admittedly, simply to maintain a light atmosphere.

"On Time magazine too... and Empire... Wired... and Rolling Stone."

Hawks let out yet another laugh though this time a conspicuously forced one. "Yep, seen everything. I also remember you making it frequently on the People magazine cover," He grinned, "Those were my favorite."

The young genius sighed and rolled her eyes playfully. "We're not gonna talk about those."

"What were the headlines again?" He feigned confusion, "Oh, yeah! The international playgirl!"

"Yeah, those magazines are going to be my villain origin story."

The pro hero laughed, genuinely this time. "And for the record, those were simply rumors and misinterpretations of the media to create drama," she added followed by a chuckle.

Hawks pressed his tongue inside his cheek as he marveled at the famous suit of armor that had been frequently flooding social media and the news. He knew who she was. Who wouldn't? She was the only person in history to create a miniaturized fusion-type power source featuring a palladium core that powers a weaponized suit of armor made in a cave with a box of scraps and other tatters.

"But enough about me," said (Y/N); this, frankly, surprised the pro hero but repressed the feeling so as to not show it on his face. "So you're, Hawks. Current number 3 hero in Japan."

The pro hero placed his hand on this chest, "'Tis I."

"Your wings look so cool!"

"Are you kidding me? Your suit is even cooler!"