Ch. 7: Returning Home

Later, Amity returned to her apartment, she's been living with Luz for so long, that she completely forgot how lonely it was without her. If this is what it was like before Luz moved in, Amity couldn't understand how she tolerated it for so long. It was too quiet and too dark, if she had to judge it.

'I really need a pet to keep me company if Luz takes more trips like these.' Amity thought.

Amity grabbed her phone and called Eda, she needed to make sure Eda was on her way. She typed in the number Eda gave her before drawing a spell circle to add some magic, Eda said this would help reach her scroll which was a magic phone and instantly contact her. She may be new at magic, but she's doing pretty well at it.

"Miss Eda, are you almost here?"

"I'm just down the street, and stop calling me Miss, you're engaged to my step-daughter, you can call me mom." Eda said.

"Um, okay, mom." Amity said, feeling a bit more awkward saying it than she thought. "Anyway, can you please hurry? I want to see what my birth family is like already."

"Relax, I'm only a few meters from your building." Eda said, "I can see it from where I'm standing."

"Okay, I'll see you soon, then." Amity said before hanging up her phone.

It wasn't long before there was a knock on the door.

"Knock knock. Mama has come to visit and she could use a drink!" Eda said before Amity opened the door. "Hey, Amity, what's your poison?"

"I don't have alcohol in my apartment." Amity said as she gestured for Eda to come in.

"Ugh, next you'll say you're going to have a dry wedding." Eda said, "And don't try and say any of that Jewish tradition stuff, I've read that Bible thing Camila has, they drank a lot then."

"That's a different Bible than the Hebrew Bible." Amity said as Eda walked into the apartment.

"It's the same story. My point is you HAVE to have something here because Cam has been hiding booze at our house." Eda said as she walked into the kitchen.

"Nope." Amity said, "Nothing."

"Ugh, fine, I'll just steal it from your dad then." Eda said.

Reaching into her hair, Eda pulled out a key with a yellow eye in the center and pointed it to the den before pushing the eye like a button. Suddenly, a glowing wooden door with the same eye on it appeared.

"Ready to head into the Demon Realm?" Eda asked.

Amity took a deep breath and nodded to Eda, walking to the dimensional door.

"Ready as I'll ever be." She said to Eda.

They walked into the door, and it closed behind them. Amity and Eda made it to the other side of the portal, entering a strange land.

"Alright, welcome to the Boiling Isles AKA, the place you were born." Eda said.

Amity looked around and noticed the differences between this world and Earth. The sky was a bit greener, the trees were brown, and small strange creatures were flying around. Even a little fairy flew up to her with a kind smile.

"Oh. Hello little on." Amity said, smiling at the fairy.

"Hi." The fairy said before opening her mouth, shaking large and jagged teeth. "GIVE ME YOUR SKIN!"

Eda swatted it away.

"Yeah, don't go near the fairies." Eda said, "Come on, your family lives in a manor about a mile away."

Eda summoned her staff and patted the spot behind her. They flew to the manor and landed.

"Alright, here we are." Eda said.

She knocked on the door and Alador answered it.

"Hey, Al, I got a surprise for you." Eda said, pulling Amity close.

Alador looked at Amity in the eyes... and took a step back.

"A-A-Amity?"