special 04 + new book teaser

"nothing like taking a stroll around the city, am i right?"

"don't you have a project to finish for lesser lord kusanali," scaramouche snickered.

"oh hush! i'll finish that later! are you complaining that i'm making time to spend with you?"

"no," he shrugged, feigning innocence. "just trying to manage your work."

you slapped his shoulder playfully, earning a chuckle. the evening was very quiet as you both walked around the city. the vendors were closing up their shops while the children began to disband their friendgroups for the day. after you both left the orphanage, the two of you had stopped to buy some snacks and take a small walk. scaramouche linked hands with you, letting you guide him and take him where you wanted to go.

"those kids were sweet, right?"

"hmph. they're kids, the most innocent form of humans until they grow up."

"you seemed to enjoy your time with that little one," you teased. "i didn't realize you were so good with kids!"

"oh hush," scaramouche rolled his eyes. "you do remember that i used to spend time with a child before, right?"

"yeah well, it's just that you don't look like someone who enjoys the company of children."

"i'd rather spend my time with this kid right here," he looped his arm over your neck, making you laugh.

"i know i'm younger than you but come on! i'm not a kid!"

"you're my girlfriend," he said matter-of-factly. "but you're still young compared to me."

you chuckled and noticed 2 people walking towards you both, one of them was a tall ginger-haired male and another was an individual who had an elegant looking mask and attire that didn't match typical sumeru clothing. i wonder where they're from. you had to admit, both of them seemed like very powerful individuals based on their aura and how they walked. when you and scaramouche passed them by, scaramouche stopped for a moment and turned around, seemingly surprised.

"kuni? what's wrong?"

"... those were my old co-workers. the ginger is a fatui harbinger. the other one is a potential harbinger, but i'm unsure."

"what?! what are they doing here," you asked him nervously.

"i'm not sure, but i believe that they're on vacation."

"what makes you say that?"

"harbingers are allowed to take some time off to spend traveling with all their accommodations paid for," scaramouche clarified. "i suppose those two are taking their time off to spend here."

"huh... cool! who were they?"

"number eleven, childe. i'm unsure what position the other person is in. they were an underling for some time. i wonder what the two of them could be doing here."

"were you friends with either of them?"

"i don't like any of the harbingers one bit," scaramouche said, beginning to walk with you again back to your shared home. "the other person though... i suppose that i used to consider them a comrade."

"that's nice," you softly smiled.

"why the face?"

"well i'm glad to know that you thought of someone as a friend during your time as a harbinger," you said to him. "life gets lonely without friends."

"on the contrary, now that i have you, i could go my whole life without others."

"s-stop acting so sappy," you said, cringing as a jest. "it's creeping me out."

"the one time i want to be nicer you call me sappy," he rolled his eyes, entering the code to your home.

"sorry sorry," you teased him. "now come on, didn't you want some cuddles?"