My new friend Jing Yuan.

I buried our dear partner in the sand. If I didn't do any physical activity to do at that moment. I think I would've gone completely insane from the grief. Not that I am very sane at the moment anyway...

I tucked the body of my dear little sister in the nicest clothes we had left and wrapped her body in the most luxurious cloth I intended to sell earlier. It is time to say goodbye to this place. May your soul rest dear friend.

I carefully pick up my sister, and walk through the void towards the stars, just as I promised her that we would.

...

When we arrived at the city, I certainly didn't expect the sight, but it brought great pleasure to me. The fanatics were massacred left and right by people who seemed very experienced at what they were doing.

They all wore the same uniforms that I'd never seen before, it mostly consisted of the color white and blue, with some red ornaments.

After making sure that I wouldn't get confused as some crazy fanatics by my clothes alone I walked to where these people were coming from.

Clearly, they were from beyond the stars. And since we seem to share a common enemy, I think It will be useful if I can try to get in touch with them.

"Hey, where do you think you are going?"

One of the soldiers grabbed me by the shoulder. He seemed to be a young man with white hair.

"To seek shelter with you, away from these pigs you are slaughtering."

I motion with my head to my sister. The soldier looks at me confused for a second, but then he notices the hair dangling from cloth.

"Ahh, I understand now...my condolences, please go this way."

He pointed with his index finger towards the city center.

"But before you go..."

The man then took one of the red ornaments that he wore and tied it around my neck.

"...here, they will let you in with this. They won't question you."

"Thank you very much, mister?"

"Jing Yuan, but please go now it's not safe here."

I nodded and started to walk towards the town center.

"Thank you, mister Jing Yuan, I hope we meet again."

With that, I walked off.

...

I was let into the ship without problems, the soldiers protecting it simply nodded upon noticing the ornament around my neck. They directed me to one of the rooms for refugees. There were some wounded soldiers who I greeted but other than that I just sat there and waited in silence.

Thinking about what we just lived through with my little sister today.

"Don't worry you will see the stars, your older brother always keeps his promises."

I whispered into her ear. I then laid my back against one of the walls as I hugged my dear sister.

...

"Hey wake up..."

Someone is shaking me...stop...I want to sleep...

"Wake up we are already here."

I opened my eyes to gaze into the golden orbs of the soldier who gave me his ornament earlier.

"Ah, mister Jing Yuan, correct?"

I asked as I got up, making sure I wouldn't hurt my little sister.

"Yes, that is correct, I just wanted to let you know that we have arrived in Xianzhou Luofu."