24

_THE END OF IT ALL_
•••
JADA'S POV
•••

Everyone was sat in the kitchen and talking about the interview with the new temporary care workers we were going to have while Mike was gone.

"Right, we need to know if they like sprouts." Floss told us all, loudly.

"Why?" Jody asked.

"Because, no-one nice likes sprouts." Floss explained, briefly.

Bailey shook his head, "Yeah, well, I like sprouts, " Ew, I never new that. Weirdo. "Anyways, Carmen should interview them. She has been here the longest."

"Why does Mike need luck?" Tyler suddenly from where he was leaning over Harry's shoulder at the card he was making.

"It's his hearing today," Harry explained, "May-Li's going. I heard her organising cover."

As if on cue, May-Li enters the kitchen. "You told me Shona was covering for a meeting!" Tee immediately said to the care worker.

"Well, it is kind of a meeting." May-Li says.

"Is Mike going to lose his job?" Billie asked.

"Nothings been decided yet, Billie," May-Li told us, "I mean, that's why there's a hearing." Carmen got up and seemed to storm away from the table, leaving the magazine she was reading behind.

The doorbell rang. "Is that the new Mike?" Toni questioned.

"It's just a temp job, Toni." May-Li told her, sighing, before leaving the kitchen.

"Until Mike gets sacked." Kaz said.

Then May-Li returned with the three temp care-workers. We looked up and saw that they all had different vibes. One light-skinned woman had sort of a hippie/fairy look going on, another was old and blonde but seemed lovely and the third was a man who was the sporty type.

"Is it always this quiet?" The black woman asked and immediately looked confused when we all shushed her.

"Saving Mike, eh?" The sporty type asked, "He must be a special guy."

"Mike's the best." Finn replied.

"Yeah, but Kerr, Mary and Phoebe are nice people, too, Finn," May-Li said.

"Finn's right." Sasha said, pretty rudely,"No offence, but, Mike is the best."

The room was washed with awkwardness and uncomfortableness. "Why don't we wait outside?" The blonde woman, who I'm guessing is Mary,  asked, "Give you a second?"

May-Li thanked them and then turned to us, once the three temps went into the lobby. "Right, I know you're all upset, but there's no need to be rude," She snapped at us. She's usually sweet all the time so I could tell this whole Mike situation was getting under her skin too.

Everyone who had made them, began to pile their 'save Mike' or 'Good luck Mike' posters into May-Li's hands. She scanned over them, "They're amazing, guys," She says, "Look, I'll make sure he gets them, I promise."

"Thought you were showing them to the panel, not Mike?" Ryan questioned, speaking up from where he was stood with Tee.

"Yeah, you have to show the judge," Harry added, hopefully.