Prologue: How The Legend Began

(Creator's Notice: Hello everyone, just before we begin the story, I wanted to say that this is based o a rp that me and SonicStar21 were in working on a long time ago before in having a break. But to this, I am in hopes you will all love the story's prologue and chap. 1 for how it is so far. If you have any ideas or questions, feel free to ask me and SonicStar21 about it and let us know what you know. Anyways, enjoy ^w^)

Once upon a time, in the era of the 14th century, there were two different clans of a race each living together. One group was the race of humans, and the other were creatures and monsters with mystical abilities of magic and witchcraft. Each lived in peace and bound together their trust, love, options, and wisdom, while also sharing their ideals for a peaceful kingdom to live in. But one day, a horrible incident accrued of when the war began as the death of the prince of the Dreemurr family, along with his adopted human sister was notified by the guards of the town. The king and queen did not cause any murder, nor did the monster residents. Most of the humans believed that the monsters were innocent, but others...judge the monsters too hurtfully and blamed them in quick terms. In the end, the monsters were imprisoned in the mountain's underground caves as a powerful human warlock sealed them in with a spell that only a human with a pure and kind heart can break the spell, and allowed the monsters to be free when given forgiveness. But the monster believed that one day, the misunderstanding will be told and they will finally live in peace with humans again. And so, for centuries of years, the monsters remained in the mountain never seen again and within that, the humans lived in peace in their way to live, survive, and work. Now, it was the modern era of the 20th century and the remains had forgotten the monsters, but few still remember the monsters as they told their descended about them. It had been 557 years since the spell cast the monsters in the mountain, which was now known as Mt. Ebott, named after the warlock Lucas William Ebott who sealed the monsters away since 1456.

The story now begins in the year 2013, and in the town of Ebott Town, located nearby its lovely and ever-growing forests, a family was out in the fields during a hike to the mountain trails in keeping safe. The name was known as the Kettei family, and it was a family of four, with kind hearts and determination in solving puzzles together. The father of the family was known as Xenthony Kettei and his wife was known as Coraline Kettei, they were a happy and grateful couple in helping many good people as Coraline worked as a café owner of her café shop, and Xenthony worked into being a teacher at a school. They also were blessed with having twins in their family, a boy and a girl, which they named Franklin and Frisk. The twins were happy in being with each other and in playing together, even though they both were very smart, plus they share a golden heart locket with a photo of them and their parents with a music box inside to listen to their lullaby. Frisk was a shy but kind child as she loved to do exploring and in wanting to work in the café with her brother and mother when she gets older someday. Even her brother wanted to do the same job: being a waiter and helping his family wash dishes and cups. He'd even studied a lot faster in his school as his IQ was around 160 or 170 Frisk's was the same too, but they don't mind starting from scratch at first. Franklin and Frisk were in looking around nearby flowers in the field as they wanted to pick some for their mother and find their father some pinecones to look at, but while staying close at a safe distance for their family. "Hey Frisk, do you think we will find something new during our search?" Asked Franklin, while searching for flowers and pinecones. "I don't know, however, Daddy said that anything could be possible. Even as we are to find the flowers and pinecones, I'm determent that we can try our best." Replied Frisk, while fixing her trouser skirt. The twins seem to have the same thought to try new things, and as they continued their search, neither the twins nor their parents could sense a huge accrue to come. Coraline and Xenthony came to check on their children and to see how they were doing, but before either one could say a word, Coraline thought to see something at the entrance of the cave and began to run towards the children to hold them.

"Excuse me, sir? Are you lost?" Coraline asked, sensing something not right. The being inside didn't say anything, or even move, it seem to look still like stone and tilted its head in confusion. "Honey, maybe it's a homeless person needing a place to be safe from storms or warmth. But to this, let's go home and come back another time." Xenthony suggested calmly. But when the family began to start moving down the mountain, the being suddenly came out and in the blink of an eye, came in front of the family. This caused them to be in shock and their children to scream and cover their eyes or mouths. The being in front of the family seemed to be 9 feet tall, wearing a black and torn rag-like shirt with his pants in the same torn ragged and wearing black shoes on his feet, but to his appearance, he looked like a kind of skeleton with a scar up his right eye and another down of his left eye while his hands had a hold big enough for a small ball to fit through. His smile seemed to be a little eerie but calm at the same time as he smiled. He then bows to the parents in a respectful way like normal humans, but the couple didn't know what to do as they backed away a few steps. But the being soon looked a little sad at seeing him being feared, and soon to speak softly as his voice sound like a raspy but calm tone. "Please....forgive me for coming to you suddenly, but I am in seeing your children filled with determination. I am of how you can say an angel in the shadows, watching over those like you for good prayers to answer. And, I simply have a question to ask." The couple didn't know to trust this creature, but in holding their children close, they listened. "I do wish to allow the boy, to come with me in studying the secrets of the mountain, but allow him to still attend his school, family and even to allow him to speak with you." The creature said, but in seeing both the parents in shock. "What, please sir, you can't take our son Franklin, he and Frisk have never been apart from one another! If you separate them, I don't know what'll happen!" The father said feeling concerned about the destination choice of this creature. "I agree, without each other...I don't know how it'll affect our family very much." Coraline said. The creature sensed the parents still in concern, but he soon walks to gently hold his hand to the twins.

The twins were unsure to trust him, but as they slowly place one hand on his own, their hearts began to shine as the lockets turn from gold to red for determination. "I see, you both share determination and in this...none can ever feel alone when apart or together. For this, I am very pleased with the two of you young brave ones." The creature said with a smile. The twins slowly begin to relax and then smile at his words, even to convince them. "Sir...may I ask if you shall bring our son back in one peace? If we were to allow you to see him or not." Coraline questioned while feeling unsure. The creature then began to look at the adults and in a calm smile, began to reply. "Yes, of course. He shall be safe and cared for in the meantime, for I never disagree with my promises." Within that, the creature slowly began to hold Franklin in his arms as he then began to walk towards the mountain. "I will keep my word and...when the time is right, allow your daughter to bring your son back for her first time. I assure you that they both will be safe. Trust me~" The creature said as his eye glowed, having Frisk and her parents see that he was in keeping his word...but the way how his eye glowed, made Frisk a little nervous for a minute. But since then, the twins were apart since the day the creature came...Frisk began to hope, she will begin to meet her brother again as they never will forget one another, the only way to know...is to let time foretell the future.

{To Be Continued In Chapter 1...}