Nice going Dehlila he was right, you will never be satisfied

The party was in full spin. All the elephants partied about.

"Alright alright! That's what I'm talking about!" Liam laughed drunkenly.

"Now, give it up! For the maid of honor!"

"The bride's sister, Delilah!"

Delilah smiled as she held her trunk of booze. She raised it high.

"A toast to the groom, and to the bride." She smiled.

"To the circus!" Murmured a few male elephants.

"From your sister, who will always be by your side no matter what." Delilah continued.

"To this beautiful union.. with hopes that you provide. May you both always be...."

Dehlia paused as she stared at Dumbo's deep blue eyes. She had a plan tonight. You could say that.

" Satisfied."

~~~

After a deep restful night as the circus had performed the other day. They still had to do three more shows while in Kansas. Rosie and Dehlila had been bought for the circus. Because they longer had room for them in their original troupe. But despite the odds they had faced they were starting to get comfortable in the new circus.

She was never the same. Big ears in a much smaller frame and when he introduced himself she was not the same again.

But this is not a game.

"You strike me, as a female who had never been satisfied." Dumbo said, chuckling.

Dehlia smirked as she turned around, not meeting his eyes.

"I'm sure I don't know what you mean, one forgets oneself."

"Then you're like me. I'm never satisfied, I yearn for more." Dumbo explained.

"Is that right?"

Dehlia turned around to face him, did his eyes just get more bluer?

"I yearn for more. Take it from an elephant who has never been satisfied." Dumbo sighed.

"My mother died a long time ago. My father was sold away, I have never been satisfied since her death. Despite the way I turned out." Dumbo explained.

"Oh." It escaped Dehlila's lips without a second thought.

"My name is Dehlia."

"Dumbo."

She moved closer to him. Her smirking turned to smiling.

"You know, there's a million things I haven't done.. but just you wait." Dumbo said, confidently.

~~~

So this was what it's like to have a matching set of wits with two people and yet what the hell is the catch? It's a feeling, a high, a deepening sigh, something to feel right.

Even if their conversation only lasted two minutes they're both in total agreement. And it had been a bit of a dance, a pit of sloppy posture, a bit of a dance. He was almost a flirt but Dehlila was gonna give it a chance.

Handsome, it's hair and he can't even grow it. Dehlila wants to take him far away from the circus.

Only to meet her sister's face and feel worthless.

"Sis, I'm so..."

Helpless.

Dehlila knows she is...

Helpless.

In her eyes there is...

Helpless.

To take nights to realize three fundamental truths at the exact same time.

~~~

"Where are you taking me?" Dumbo asked.

"I'm about to change your life." Dehlila smirked.

"Then by all means lead the way."

~~~

Her father has no sons so she has to climb for one. The older sister of two of Terry's daughters. And Dumbo is Mr. Jumbo and Mrs. Jumbo's blood. But that doesn't mean she wants him less.

~~~

"Rosie." Rosie introduced herself to Dumbo.

"Rosie?" Dumbo repeated.

"My sister." Said Dehlila proudly.

So he's after her, because she's a lady who will elevate him and Dehlila would be naive to put that aside. So she introduced him to Rosie now that's his bride!

Nice going Dehlia he was right, you will never be satisfied.

~~~

"You're an awfully good flier I hear." Rosie complimented.

Dumbo blushed.

"Thanks."

"If it takes being part of a troupe for us to meet it would have been worth it." Dumbo admitted, meeting her purplish eyes.

"I'll leave you to it." Said Dehlila as she eyed them both sadly.

~~~

She knew her sister like she knows her own soul . You will never find anyone as trusting or as kind! And even if Dehlila admits she loves him she would be silently crying. But he'd be hers. Yet she would say she's fine.

She'd be lying.

Yet Dehlila finds herself fantasizing at night its Dumbo's ears and then his eyes. As she romanticizes what it had been if she hadn't sized him up so quickly.

At least dear Rosie is his wife.

At least she'll keep his ears and eyes in her life.

~~~

Rosie raised her trunk high.

"To the bride!"

"To the groom!"

"From your sister." Sadly gazing upon her now brother-in-law.

"May there be happiness and light in your eyes forever." She smiled.

The elephangs erupted into cheers and Dumbo gave Rosie a peck on the cheek.

She drank her part of booze and then went to go look at the stars.

"Delilah!"

Dumbo's younger sister, Maudie, came up to her.

"What was..."

She knew.

Dehlila used her trunk to caress the much younger elephant. Who had yet to find her mate.

"It's all right." She said, sadly.

"I'm alright."

She's now satisfied for the first time in her life.