PART 1: CUPID IS STUPID

Mari thinks that love is stupid. Her best friend, not to mention crush, has decided to ask out Percy fucking Jackson. (Un)fortunately, the Ironfamily takes their annual summer road trip immediately after, so at least she has a distraction from her feelings. 

But once it's all over, her dad asks her to get involved with Midtown High, and by extension, Harry Osborn, in order to assist Peter in investigating Norman Osborn. 

In true fanfic fashion, Mari and Harry start to fake date, since Harry is beginning to catch feelings for Peter and Mari needs a distraction from her crush on Annabeth. Despite her best efforts, Mari's still hung up on Annabeth and her boyfriend.

Yeah. Cupid is fucking stupid. 

Annabeth doesn't know anything about love. Especially when it involves crushing on your best friend. Pretending to crush on Luke hasn't exactly been easy, but it's necessary, because what the hell would Mari think of her if she found out that Annabeth was crushing on her? No, Annabeth can't risk their friendship. 

Thank the gods for Percy Jackson, who came crashing headfirst into Annabeth's life (and heart).

Now that she's dating him, she should be happier than ever. Because she loves Percy, and he loves her. You can't possibly be in love with two people at once...right? 

Annabeth is beginning to think that cupid really is stupid.

Percy isn't a genius when it comes to love. He knows that he loves his family. His mom, Tyson, and Paul. He knows he loves his friends, Grover, Thalia, Rachel, Nico, and Mari. And when Annabeth asks him out, she moves over from friend to girlfriend. 

That's all he really needs to know. 

But after Mari comes back from her three-week road trip, Percy finds himself gate-crashing Annabeth and Mari's "friend-dates." And when the lines between friend and lover begin to blur, Percy realizes that he really doesn't know anything about love anymore, and that scares him. It only gets worse when Mari leaves Goode for Midtown and starts dating some guy named Harry Osborn.

Gods, cupid really is fucking stupid.