5. The New Fifth Year

❝ 𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚖𝚢 𝚍𝚎𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚢𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚏𝚝, 𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝙸'𝚟𝚎 𝚐𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚖. ❞
— 𝖠𝗇𝗍𝗂-𝖧𝖾𝗋𝗈 (Taylor Swift)

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

I spent the weekend in bed.

I couldn't manage the strength to get up. Emotional or physical. The other girls in my dorm were spending their weekend in hogsmead or studying so I was lucky to be alone the majority of the time.

I couldn't figure out what that pain was after I came to. It was almost as if my bones had snapped and were being put back together. But the wiggenwield did take away some of the pain. Luckily.

I still felt sore.

My head was in worse condition than my body anyway. That poacher mission was supposed to lift Sebastian's spirits. Instead, we're not speaking for the moment. And that's the last thing I ever wanted.

I replayed our argument over and over. The things he said made no sense!! Last year he agreed my magic could potentially help Anne. I take what Ranrok stole, literally to save Hogwarts and suddenly, how dare I try to help his sister??!

I couldn't understand where he was coming from.

What hurt more is it seemed he still didn't understand that I didn't have anyone beside me to help me make the 'right' choice. Fig was dead. Before Ranrok took the magic I wanted to keep it contained. But seeing it all around after I killed Ranrok, seeing the power it gave him. I realized this magic couldn't be contained. Especially under Hogwarts. I didn't want anyone else to risk their lives protecting it. So I took it.

I'm glad Ominis finally understood though.

But was Sebastian really not going to speak to me until I gave him a reason as to why I didn't tell them?

Any reason I'd give would not suffice.

I suddenly heard a soft knock on the door.

I sat up. " Ominis?"

He stood with his wand out, as he heard my voice he entered the dorm and made his way to my bed. " I've been wanting to talk to you since what happened. But I know you probably wanted time alone." He explained sitting on the edge of the bed.

" I appreciate the space. I think just now though I was beginning to get a little lonely." I joked dryly.

He chuckled. " Unfortunately I'm not here to keep you company entirely..." he sighed. " Valeria I just heard rumors this morning there's another new fifth year. He's rumored to start tomorrow." He explained.

" Excuse me?" I said in disbelief. My body ran cold. Could it be possible this person possess the same ability I do? And if they do...what does that even mean?

" I'm hoping it's a strange lapse. And perhaps they're not like you but..." he started.

" What if they are?" I asked.

He nodded. " Exactly. And we don't have professor fig to guide you. Would they have to follow the trials you did?" He asked.

I shook my head. " No. because the trials led to Isadora's contained magic. In a way. And the point of the trials was to learn importance of keeping it protected." I explained. " but...for starters. We don't know if this person is like me yet. And we don't know if they know either." I shrugged. " Could just be a late fifth year. Way more late than I am. They even missed the first week!"