Chapter 1 ~ The Newcomer

(The outfit above is what you're wearing)

Ahkmenrah's POV:

It had been a few months since the incident with the old security guards, and everyone had gotten together quite well. Jed and Octavius' friendship only grew with time, as did the romance between Teddy and Sacagawea. Larry had a new, steady relationship going with Rebecca, and it seemed as everyone around me was surrounded with love and friendship. But not for me. Even though I had become good friends with everyone in the museum, I was a little lonely considering I hadn't had a significant other in over 4000 years. I desperately want someone to love, but it seems my wishes remain unfulfilled.

I had just gotten out of my sarcophagus as the night had begun.

I started to walk to the main entrance of the museum when I heard a rc car pulling up behind me.

"Hey there Ahkmen! Did you hear that today a new person got transferred here from some other museum?" Jed had said, his thick western accent highly noticeable.

"No...I did not. What exhibit is this person part of?" I responded back, my curiosity noticeable in my tone of voice.

"They're from the 18th century exhibit! I heard that they're some famous poet or somethin."

"Well, thank you for informing me. May I come with you and Octavius and meet this person?"

"Why of course you can! Come along, we'll lead the way." Octavius said, speeding off in their little rc car. I quickly followed and we ended up at the 1800's exhibit.

As we walked inside, we noticed the whole group was already there. They seemed to be talking to someone but I couldn't quite see who it was since they were being crowded by Larry and the others.

"So you're telling me that every night since 1954... you lot have been coming alive... as will I for my forever stay here?"

I heard a voice say. The voice sounded like a young lady, her voice was so smooth and graceful sounding, as if she descended from the gods herself. I saw her stand up and push through the crowd of people, desperately trying to get a breath of fresh air. I finally saw her. She was a young lady, no older than 20, with long wavy brown locks, and light tan-ish skin. Her dark brown eyes portrayed those of a goddess. One who belonged in a painting or sculpted into a statue. She wore a long and elegant blue and white dress, very fitting for her times. It had a small flower design over the dress and some minimal lace. The dress was beautiful, but not nearly as beautiful as her. Wait...what? Anyways, it seemed the girl had noticed me, considering I stood out amongst the others with my over the top, gold outfit.

"And who may you be?" The girl asked

"I am Ahkmenrah. The fourth king of the fourth kings. May I ask, who are you?" I questioned, taking a few steps forwards until I stopped in front of the girl, slightly towering over her.

"Christianna, Christianna Gilbert."

"Well hello there Christianna, welcome to the museum."