02

"Where are you taking me?" I sit in the car, my eyes fixed on the man sitting across from me. His black hair frames his face, accentuating the sharpness of his features. The silence hangs heavy between us, broken only by the sound of our breaths and the distant hum of the engine.

I find it difficult to tear my gaze away from him, as if his piercing eyes hold some kind of power over me, compelling me to stay transfixed. Despite the coolness of the car, I feel a heat spreading through my body, fueled by the fear that courses through my veins. My palms grow clammy, my breaths shallow and rapid. I yearn for an escape, for a chance to break free from the suffocating grip of this situation.

"Did you hear what I said?" I say, despite the shaking in my voice.

The man's stoic expression offers no solace, no indication of what lies beneath the surface. It's as if he's carved from stone, an enigma that I struggle to decipher. The tension in the air is palpable, suffocating me in its grip.

"At least tell me your name."

I try to calm my racing heart, to remind myself to breathe. But the fear is overwhelming, like a smothering blanket that threatens to consume me entirely. The car feels like a cage, trapping me in its confined space, amplifying the intensity of my emotions.

Gael cranes his neck, now looking at me from a different angle. "Gael Whitlock. Leader of the Twilight gang."

"Okay, Gael," I swallow hard. "Can you at least tell me where you are taking me."

"You will see when you get there."

"Why are you doing this?" I say in a fit of anger. Again, the gang-leader doesn't  say a word again and I am left in anger and fear.

My eyes widen as I feel the car veer off in a different direction. Panic surges through my veins as I glance out the window, my breath catching in my throat. Before me stands a sprawling house, its grandeur accentuated by the imposing black gates that enclose it. The sight is both captivating and unsettling, evoking a sense of foreboding that settles heavily within me.

The car comes to a halt in front of the house, and my gaze fixates on the figures gathered at the entrance. My heart sinks as I take in the predominantly male crowd, their presence stirring a mixture of apprehension and unease. What awaits me within those walls? Why have I been brought here?

I flinch at a thud then seconds later a dark figure stands in front of the window. As the driver opens my door, I feel a knot form in the pit of my stomach. A surge of adrenaline courses through my veins, heightening my senses. I search for any sign of an escape route, but the men standing vigilantly by the door make it clear that resistance would be futile.

"Stay in here." Gael helps himself out of the car first.

I take a deep breath, listening to Gael speak to the  presumably gang members. I watch as one man, his hair a striking combination of black and red, greets Gael with familiarity. The words hang in the air like a heavy fog, seeping into my consciousness.

"Welcome back, Gael," the man says, his tone laced with a mix of curiosity and reproach. "Where did you run off to? You left us to clean up that mess you made."

I try to steady my breathing, struggling to comprehend him mentioning killing my uncle.

"Yeah, yeah I know that, Troy." Gael's response is curt and filled with a mix of frustration and determination. "Had to get my money back," he states, his voice tinged with a hint of bitterness. The mention of money raises further questions in my mind, but I remain silent, eager to glean as much information as I can from their conversation.

Troy  presses further, curiosity gleaming in his eyes. "Did you get your money?" he asks, his tone expectant. My heart pounds in my chest, my ears straining to catch Gael's response.