4. The party

Anjali, Rudra entered with Shray in his mother's arm holding him like a baby into the Mansion lawn where yellow-white bright lights twinkle. The slow pace music gives a party vibe and each chairs engaged by people. The waiters probably 50 or more were busy serving starters/drinks.

"Wow! How grand is this party and look at the people... a lot of people." Anjali says.
"Yes, it's fascinating. And why not Yashwants are well-known in the city." Rudra took Shray from Anjali's arm then continued, "Here most of the people belong to high society or from underworld."
"Underworld! So the rumors are true?" She asked him in disbelief.
"What rumors?"
"The one where everyone believes that they are some bloody mafias." She whisper.
"You can say that."
"When did you know who they truly are?" Anjali was shocked that her husband knew some gangster.
"Can we move forward to our special couple or you wanna interrogate further?" Rudra wanted to tell everything about Yashwants but he never get the chance also he was pissed because Sonakshi will be late.

"Happy Anniversary Uncle! He said & took blessing.
"Jeete raho beta. This beautiful lady must be-"
"Rudra's wife." Gitanjali entered out of nowhere.
"You're looking so gorgeous." Anjali said to Gitanjali.
"Where's your sister?" Harsh asked.
"She's on her way." Anjali said. She was a bit nervous & scared thinking of what will they do if Sonakshi won't show up.
"Okay! Enjoy the party now." Harsh said and dispersed with his wife.

They sat on the chairs & the gossip begans.

Sonakshi's POV

I Finally made to my destination the so called party. My clothes were formals from the beginning of the day.

I had to say the people here are extraordinary

I had to say the people here are extraordinary. As Trisha would say: "Richass people".

"Hi Shray!" I tiptoe.
"Sonaaa!" He jumped with excitement.
"Atlast... the naughty kid is here."
"Which naughty kid Bhai?" I asked a dumbest question.
"Ouch!" Rudra bhaiya grab my ear and said "Why are you not punctual?"
"Come on, Rudra! She's sitting here with us & that's all that matters now."
"Thanks Bhabhi you're the only person who understands me well."
"Stop being dramatic. It doesn't suit you." Rudra says.

Suddenly the chit-chat of the people stopped & when we look behind a man entered wearing a blue shirt.
"He's Tej Yashwant." A woman behind said.
I don't understand why some people are looking down.  Do they respect him? Hate him? Or fear him? No one dared to look in his eyes. He's cold aura speaks nothing but danger.
"How stupid." My brother smirked.
What I learned from my past is... this is nothing. That man is nothing. Yes, it's stupid of how this people react.
"Anjali are you fine?" Rudra bhaiya asked.
"Yes, Bhabhi are you fine? You gulp whole bottle of water also You're sweating."
Sweating like this people.
"I...I'm fine."

Ritvik's POV

Wherever he goes darkness follows him. Maybe things will change after marriage. But first I need to lighten up the air.
"Hello everyone!"
"My parents wish to have a couple dance pls make a round of applause for them."
"When did I wish to have a dance?" Mom whisper.
"Come on, Gitanjali! Let's have a dance."
A spotlight fell on them, a thousand years song played & they started to dance and they got lost in each other.
After them rest of the couple join the stage and have a couple dance.
I look at my brother who was rejecting every pretty women for dance.
But he can't reject Sonakshi. As curious as I'm to know her he would be more curious.

Sonakshi's POV

What are these women one minute they get afraid of him & on other they're roaming around him like bees.
"Excuse me,  I'm Ritvik Yashwant. Will you dance with me?"
"Sorry, I can't. Since my brother & his wife are dancing I can't leave him alone." I glanced at Shray who enjoyed the ice cream for the 2nd time.
"No problem, Mohan uncle!" He called a man dressed like a gentleman who was in his mid 50's.
"Uncle, stay here with our young guest till then-"
"Wait, you don't need to do this. I really don't want to dance cause I'm exhausted." I wish to go home as soon as possible. The meeting with Mr Bakshi & the work was taking toll on me.
"We will dance for just 5 minute." He plead like a child.
"Fine!" I was fed up & went on stage with him.
However we dance only for 1 minute when Ritvik Yashwant leaves me with his brother... to dance.
The only thought in my mind was when did he came on stage?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
💜