3

Harry yawned and stretched the next morning. He was sore all over and sick, but it was nothing new. He had spent his transformation with Remus, so it hadn't been as painful nor did he get any new scars.

"Harry, it's time to talk about school," Remus sighed, glancing at Sirius as they sat at the breakfast table. "We would like to enroll you for your first year at Hogwarts, it's a wizarding school," Sirius butted in, reaching behind him and pulling up a letter, sliding it over to the small boy.

Harry stared at the letter in almost awe, glancing back up at his godfathers. "I got a letter?" He asked quietly and they both smiled and nodded. It was sort of funny he was only concerned with the fact he got a letter, rather than the contents of this letter.

"Anyway, we need to talk to you about your name, as you're apart of the Black family now," Sirius grinned and Harry grinned back, almost making him wince as his scars burned, he wasn't used to smiling. Harry was confused, he never associated with his family in the first place, as he'd lived with his aunt and uncle since he was five.

And the fact that his parents threw him away when he was turned made him more than happy to change his name. "I'd love to change my name," he spoke quietly, eyes shining as he stared at the letter in his hands. Sirius grinned again, turning to look at Remus in excitement.

Remus nodded silently with a smile, understanding his husbands excitement.

"Now, to discuss how to change your name.."

-

James hands gripped the name change papers tightly as they stood in front of a judge, his anger like a big bubbling ball inside of him. Sirius stood near them, holding hands with a little Harry, who smiled. James couldn't help but feel guilty at how happy his son looked without him.

But anger bubbled in him at the thought of his best friend taking him to court over something so simple!

"And, while dealing with this matter, we will be discussing and investigating the possible case of child abuse," the judge continued, catching James attention as he gave Sirius a look of outrage.

The man had reported them for child abuse? Was taking them to court over a name change not enough for the man? Lily, who stood next to him, let out a small scoff under her breath.

"With all due respect your honor, I don't believe my son was ever abused when living with my sister," Lily spoke up, head held high. James could almost feel the rage of imitating off of Sirius.

Harry, who was now Hadrian, tucked himself into his godfathers side as memories popped up briefly of the pain after full moons. The judge looked over at Lily over his spectacles then at Hadrian before shaking his head.

"With all due respect, Ms. Potter, the child is old enough to understand and speak for himself," the judge replied easily and Sirius tucked a snort away. They were quickly dismissed after that and Hadrian jumped into Sirius' arms excitedly.

"I'm Hadrian!" He swelled with pride at the thought of his new name. It was like a new beginning for him. Starting over was now, and he was gonna make the best of it. Sirius grinned at Hadrian, reaching up to ruffle his hair as Remus hugged the two.

Sirius was going to make sure that his godson got the life he deserved, and a damn good one.

-

Hadrian was thrumming with nervous energy. Today was the first day at Hogwarts and it would be his first time- in a long time- around kids who weren't his cousin. Hadrian never remembered his brother from when they were younger. He had bits and pieces, mostly something about his brother being powerful, but never really truly remembered the boy himself.

To say he was a bit disappointed when he did get to see him. He wasn't disappointed by his looks, or whatever powers he did or didn't have, he was disappointed by his personality.

"Hey freak," Daniel spit the moment he cornered Hadrian on the train. Some students were around outside of the doors, watching the interaction as they had all heard that the Blacks child was going to be in Hogwarts.

Hadrian simply stared at his brother wide-eyed, already wondering what people saw in the spoiled boy. He had a red head by his side, someone who seemed just as mean, and a girl with bushy hair who followed the two around like a lost puppy.

"Don't be mean, Daniel," the girl bit back at the boy, smacking him upside the head. Daniel turned his sneer onto the girl and she stepped back, timid. "Don't be mean to her either," Hadrian spoke up, drawing the attention away from the girl.

She sent him an appreciative glance over her shoulder as she turned on her heal and walked out. "What's a freak werewolf like you doing here anyway, we sent you away for a reason," Daniel decided to change the subject, already making Hadrian nervous with the subject brought up.

"Besides, I heard you were abused, probably because you're a dirty monster," Daniel continued. Hadrian bit back a remark about the boys intelligence, as obviously, despite his beliefs in himself, Hadrian knew that Werewolf's weren't monsters. At least, not all of them.

"Leave me alone," Hadrian decided to settle for saying that, trying to make the boy go away as a crowd started to gather to see what the "golden child" was doing.

"Leave him alone, Potter." A voice snapped as someone walked up, shoving Daniel and the Weasley out of the way to get into the compartment.

"I know our little ronikins isn't bullying people. Mother would lose her mind," Two other voices chimed in behind the little blond boy who had shoved his way in. Two tall redheads stood, looking over Ron, and looking exactly like Ron.

Hadrian was stumped. How could three people look almost exactly alike? His mind was diverted from the subject when a hand was stuck in his face and the little blond boy gave him a smirk.

"The names Draco Malfoy."