Chapter 2 - "The Deadly Game Continues"

Zack tilted his whole body, squinting to see if there was a backyard area behind the building.

"Hey!" a loud voice shouted from a window above the hospital, catching his attention. Zack looked up, his eyes widening as he recognized the fear in the voice.

"Oh my—Isaac Foster?!" the voice echoed with disbelief.

"You got it, kid! The one and only Zack Foster at your service," he replied, his voice filled with wicked glee. "So, you've heard about my little escapades, huh? Bet you're shaking in your boots!"

The voice trembled with fear and anger. "You're supposed to be in jail! I'll call the police! And don't you dare go near Rachel! I won't let you hurt her!" it shouted angrily.

Zack let out a maniacal laugh, relishing in the chaos he created. "Oh, please! As if I'd waste my time chasing after Rachel. She's just another plain-faced doll in this messed-up world. Besides, do you really think she's scared of little old me? That's hilarious!" he mocked, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

The voice grew defensive, its anger mixing with concern. "I know Rachel, and I won't let you lay a finger on her! She's terrified of you, and I won't stand by while you hurt her!"

Zack's irritation rose, his voice taking on a taunting tone. "Terrified? That's rich! I'm not some boogeyman, kid. Ray and I have an... understanding. She knows the chaos we're capable of, no way she's scared of me. But hey, keep trying to play hero if it makes you feel better." Zack walked off ignoring the young boys chants.

As Zack eyed the stone gate blocking his path to the backyard, a mischievous smile formed on his face. "Look at that, an obstacle. Time to show it who's boss," he declared, his voice brimming with manic excitement.

Without hesitation, Zack took a few steps back, his body filled with restless energy. And then, like a whirlwind, he charged towards the stone gate, shouting with unrestrained laughter as it crumbled into pieces upon impact.

"Haha! Gate-0, Zack-1! Who needs a key when you've got the power to destroy things? Let's keep this party going!" he exclaimed, his voice filled with an ecstatic madness.

Zack glanced down at his hoodie, a small tear marring its fabric. "Aw, shit. Not again," he grumbled, his voice tinged with irritation. He gazed up at the windows above, scanning for any signs of Rachel's room. The kid mentioned it was next to his own, but which one could it be?

"Hmm... I guess I'll just have to play a little game of guessing!" he exclaimed with a manic giggle, his eyes gleaming with mischief. Without hesitation, he leaped into the air, his bandages tightly gripping the window frame as he sought a better view. Peering inside, he realized he had landed at the open window of the boy who had been shouting at him.

The boy trembled as he locked eyes with Zack, fear palpable in his expression.

"Heeey!! Get out!" the boy stammered, his voice quivering with terror.

Zack's grin widened, a glint of madness in his eyes. "Aw, too bad you're not a lifeless doll like Ray here. I would've spared you the pleasure," he taunted, relishing the fear he saw on the boy's face. "You see, it's the thrill of witnessing fear or happiness contort the faces of my victims that makes slicing them so damn enjoyable!" He burst into maniacal laughter, filling the room as the boy frantically searched for an escape.

"3... 2... aaaand 1!" With lightning-fast movements, Zack swung himself through the window, retrieving the last remaining shard of his scythe from his pocket. The shard found its mark in the back of the boy's neck, causing him to gasp in pain. Zack yanked the shard free and plunged it repeatedly into the boy's trembling body before finally tossing him out the window, a twisted satisfaction evident in his expression.

"Hahaha! What a pain in the ass. Good riddance," he sneered, brushing off the encounter as if it were nothing more than a minor inconvenience. Stepping out of the boy's room, he found himself standing before a door with the name "Rachel Gardner" inscribed upon it.

"The hell does that say?" Zack whined, frustration etched across his face. He scratched his head, trying to make sense of the unfamiliar symbols. "Damn, I wish I could read!" he grumbled, feeling a pang of annoyance at his illiteracy. Undeterred, he resorted to an alternative approach.

"I know! I can knock!" he exclaimed, as if struck by a brilliant idea. Ignoring the potential consequences, he banged on the door with reckless abandon, paying no mind to the other occupants of the hospital.

To his surprise, the door creaked open, revealing the petite figure of Rachel, her expression void of any discernible emotion.

"Zack?" she uttered, her voice tinged with a mix of disbelief and uncertainty.

"Hey there, kiddo. Long time no see, huh? Did you miss me?" he asked, a twisted grin spreading across his face.

"no," she muttered, her voice devoid of any emotion.

He tilted his head, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Aw, come on, Ray. You know I hate liars."

Her expression remained unchanged as he entered her room. "Damn, this room is as dull as you," he chuckled, taking in the plain surroundings.

"What are you doing here, Zack?" she sighed, closing the door behind her.

He turned to her, a hint of disappointment in his voice. "What, you suddenly hate me or something?"

"You abandoned me, Zack. You promised you would kill me," she stated matter-of-factly.

"I didn't abandon you. I sent you to get help, Ray," he replied, his tone softening slightly.

"I want to die, Zack. Why would you send me to get help?!" she shouted, a flicker of anger in her eyes.

"Because I need to be the one to kill you. I wasn't going to let you die by Danny's hand," he admitted, his voice tinged with a mix of protectiveness and regret.

"Go on then, kill me," she demanded, her voice steady.

"No," he said, his response as blunt as Rachel's usual demeanor.

"Why not? You said you were going to," Rachel asked, genuine confusion evident in her voice.

"Not yet, Ray," he muttered, slowly covering his mouth as if hiding something.

"Do you still need my help?" she looked up at him, tilting her head to the side.

"Yes," he replied without hesitation.

"Then you will kill me?" she inquired, her eyes searching his for a definitive answer.

"Yes, I will," he nodded firmly.

"Promise?" she asked, her skepticism lingering in the air.

"Christ, Ray, how many times do I have to tell you?" he sighed, a touch of frustration creeping into his voice.

"I hate liars," Zack muttered, his annoyance apparent.

"Okay, I'll help you," she smiled, her eyes devoid of any joy.

"Damn, Ray, that smile makes me wanna kill you as fast as possible," he chuckled, his words carrying a twisted sense of affection and dark humor.