𝟑𝟓. the perfect ending

chapter 35

JACK GUIDED VIVIANNE THROUGH THE PATHWAYS IN THE FOREST. She had a blind fold on and she had no idea where she was going.

"Where are you taking me?" Vivianne laughed, squeezing his hand because she didn't know where she was stepping.

"Do you want me to carry you instead so it doesn't take as long?" Jack offered as they halt to a stop. Vivianne nodded her head and she felt her feet being lifted off the ground.

Jack carried her bridal style and he began walking through the path, careful to not trip over any tree roots.

"Can you tell me what we're doing?" Vivianne asked him, getting annoyed that she doesn't even know her own whereabouts.

"But that would ruin the surprise, wouldn't it?" He teased her. She heard him chuckle when she let out an annoyed groan.

The rest of the walk there was silent and she laid her head on Jacks shoulder. He felt his shoulder shake slightly, meaning that he was laughing. "Don't fall asleep on me now."

"I'm getting tired Jack so if you don't hurry up I'm gonna fall asleep." She yawned jokingly. Jack shook his head and then started walking faster to his destination.

"We're here." He carefully helped her down and slowly took off her blindfold.

Vivianne's hands went up to her mouth, covering it in shock. Her eyes widen at all the lights hung up on the trees. Tears well up in her eyes and she turned her head around to look at Jack who had a smile on his face.

"Jack." She mumbled before hugging him tightly. They let go and Vivianne lets out a small laugh as she walked around, looking at all the lights hung up and the decorations with pictures of them.

She didn't even noticed a blanket laid out with food on it in the middle. Jack sat on the picnic blanket, waiting for her to stop being mesmerized by the lights and to go sit down with him.

"Will you come sit down with me? The lights aren't even that cool." He whines, making her laugh. Vivianne sat down beside him and took a strawberry, biting into it.

"Yum." She said, eating the rest. The two talk to each other while they ate and there was nothing awkward.

That was the thing with them. No matter what, nothing would be awkward. Despite the fact that they we're literally acting weird around each other when they weren't speaking and Laney was in the picture.

They always say that if it is true love, you guys always find your way back to each other.

I guess they were right.

"Tell me something." Jack says, wanting to know something he didn't. "I mean, we have a lot to catch up on."

"Hmm, well it depends. Do you want to hear a story about Laney?" Vivianne questioned and Jack rolled his eyes.

"Of course she would eventually be brought up in the conversation." Vivianne raised a brow at him, wanting to know if he did want to know. "Okay fine, shoot."

"Well, when you guys broke up and we decided we wanted to try again, I had a talk with my mom that night." Vivianne said, looking down at the blanket and playing with the zipper of her jacket. "I think our moms were talking after the interviews."