2 Family

A/N Sorry about the cliffhanger on the first chapter just didn't want there to be too much stuff. Hope you enjoy!

When she walked into the firehouse she was in awe of how big the place was and how many engines there were and just wow. Alex saw that some people were upstairs so she went up there in hopes of finding the captain.

When she got up there she was the center of attention and honestly she felt frozen and awkward. Yup faking her death would be easier than this. An Asian man came up to her and said "Hi can we help you" in a very kind way. She really thought that these people would be out for blood as if she was invading some private firehouse stuff.

"Um hi I'm Alexandra Jackson, I'm a new recruit I am looking for Captain Robert Nash" She said awkwardly.

"Hello my name is Howard Han but you can call me Chimney or Chim. Captain Nash is in his office right there" Chimney says pointing towards a room in the corner.

"Thank you so much and you can call me Alex" she replied grateful that she hasn't screwed up yet. When the guy went back to what he was doing she walked over to the office and knocked.

"Come in" she heard from inside the office so she slowly pushed open the door and walked in.

"Um Hello sir my name is Alexandra Jackson I'm your new recruit" Alex said quietly.

"Hello Alexandra I'm Captain Nash but you can just call me cap. Also you can drop the sir we don't really worry about the formality here unless the chief is visiting" Cap replied.

"Oh sorry" she muttered.

"Don't worry about it have you met everyone yet?" he asks.

"Just Chimney sir he is the one who helped me find your office. Oops sorry." She said realizing she said sir again.

"No problem, come let me introduce you to everyone and Hen can show you the locker room" Cap said grabbing her shoulder and taking her back to the main area to meet everyone. "Listen up everyone this is Alexandra Jackson she is our new recruit please make sure she feels welcome."

"Hi guys um you can call me Alex". She said sorta quietly.

After Cap left she saw this African American lady walking up to her "Hi my name is Henrietta but you can just call me Hen" she said extending her hand.

"Hello I am Alex" she replied taking her hand.

"Nice to meet you Alex" she replied "here let me show you our locker room so you can set your bag down."

"OK cool" she said completely forgetting she was still holding her backpack.

As they were about to walk downstairs they passed this guy with blonde hair and blue eyes that also seems like the type of guy with a big ego.

"Oh hey your the new recruit right um Allie?" He said.

"Um close my name is Alexandra but you can call me Alex" I replied

"Oh shoot my bad um I'm Evan but you can call me Buck" He said.

"Nice to meet you Buck" Alex said shaking his hand.

After that they walked downstairs to the locker room so that Alex could get ready for the shift.

"That right there is the golden retriever of the group when Cap brought him in I told him he may as well have gotten a Dalmatian but we all kind of grew to love him. This firehouse is more than just a crew we are a family so I hope we can get to know each other better now that we will work together everyday." Hen informed her as she put away her things.

"Ok cool" she told her.

"Come on lets go back out and I can show you where everything lives" Hen said.

//

Alex was just sitting reading a book in the common area with Hen when the bell started going off saying that they need RA to 242 Beatrice Lane in Beverly Hills.

"Come on" Hen said "you can ride with me in the ambulance right now."

Alex quickly hopped up from her spot on the couch and ran to the fire pole and slid downstairs with Hen close behind. Once they got to the ambulance Hen hopped in the drivers seat with her in the passenger. The ride there was quick so once they got there they immediately hopped out and met with the others riding in the truck where they walked inside this really lavish house with a drown victim. Once they found the boy and his mother Bobby started calling out orders.

"Alex take over compressions, Hen supply oxygen, Chimney get the defibrillator attached and Buck get the gurney and backboard in here. Mam please come with me I need to get my team in there" He says and as he moves her away he confirms that there are no medical conditions that needs to be known.

As soon as Alex heard her name she immediately drops to her knees besides the boy and takes over compressions stopping to check for a pulse. "No pulse resuming compressions" she called out while Hen put the oxygen mask over his mouth and nose. "18,19,20, shock him" she called out.

"No rhythm" Chimney said.

Behind her she heard Buck say "C'mon kid" as they shocked him again. After a few more seconds the kid spit up water and had a normal rhythm. They quickly moved him on the backboard and got him to the hospital.

//

The next emergency hit close to home for her, they all watched as Bobby walked up to the top of this tower thing to speak with the victim. She saw the lady stand up and stay up there for a sec before she fell backwards. She audibly gasped as she watched the girl fall. They couldn't stop her they couldn't help it's as if time slowed and she was paralyzed she couldn't move. Once they found her they couldn't do anything it was to late.

A/N thank you to everyone who has already read the first chapter I had 5 reads 12 hours after I posted which is just wild to me. Now I have like 10 reads of the first chapter which is still wild for this being my first book. Thanks for supporting me and I will try to update again this weekend.