𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖒𝖞𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖞 𝖔𝖋 𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖓 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙

"How much longer are you going to stand out there? It's raining. You're gonna catch a cold."
(prompt)

She asks, but I'll just grin briefly and remain silent.
To be honest, I have no idea why I put up with the torment of waiting to get ill while standing outside in this bitter weather. I frequently ask myself that, yet I always come up with more questions than answers. Considering that I've always been taught to stay inside when it rains, perhaps this is me expressing my newly discovered independence; the freedom to act as you like, whenever you please, without interference. Although I could spend all of eternity appreciating the weather, I don't want her to be concerned. I'll pull on the strings of my jacket till the hood falls off, not to keep myself warm but to distract myself.
From what? I don't really know. I don't really know a lot of things. It's funny really, as a child I desired to have all the world's knowledge at my fingertips but now I find comfort in not knowing at all.
I may never completely understand what this field of motion is, which is maybe the greatest solace I will ever experience in life. Whatever the case, there is one thing I will never understand: why I put up with the discomfort of rain.