~ The Prologue ~

We didn't choose to be heroes, as it was fate herself who decided our destiny.

Once darkness arrives upon the islands of the Lunar Archipelago, my comrades and I are out hunting. We hunt no animals or criminals but all kinds of creatures and monsters that seem out of this world. Not only do our enemies appear to be from another universe, but our powers and skills are too!

Using magic and the newest technology, we, the Monster Hunter group "Tsukuyomi", protect the islands of the Lunar Archipelago and its people.

"We" are Rose; Rosemary; Crow Poison; Moon Flower; Tea Rose - Rosa Blue Moon; Japanese Iris; Sakura - Cherry Blossom; and me, Catmint.

Tonight was a usual night: Crow Poison and I watched over the small Island Turtle Bay together, as each member has their own area they need to keep clean and therefore safe. There usually wasn't much going on in our area. Today it was just a small creature trying to create trouble.

Being a hunter isn't always easy. All of this sounds strange and unbelievable right? I once thought the same... But after one of those creatures attacked me and basically ruined my whole life by just existing, I was pushed into the position of a caretaker.

Why caretaker? Hunters don't want normal people to know that monsters and magic exist. So they cover themselves up as caretakers of plants in buildings called rosaria. The rosarium I got involved in is based on the small Island of Turtle Bay. Even tho the Island isn't that special, it attracts all kinds of weird people and creatures. Rosaria and involved hunters are scattered all around the world though because this is not the only region monster and magic showed up.

A rosarium has one or more groups of hunters, but they don't hunt as a large bunch. My group is called Tsukuyomi and is the only one here around the Lunar Archipelago. They named it after a guild that had its headquarter here thousands of years ago if I am not mistaken... The hunters of a rosarium are usually named in a system, but there are exceptions. The hunters of Tsukuyomi are mostly named after plants.

After I got involved with Tsukuyomi they taught me how to slay monsters and how to use my new magical ability. It was pretty rough.

Besides the hunter, there are many other groups and organizations of people involved in magic. For example the Lionheart Academy or the Ministry for Magic Affairs [MMA]. There are many other controlling and educating facilities that I did not yet know about, but those two are the most important ones.

Back when magic first appeared, everyone involved with it was able to use it with bare hands but today only a few are capable of such use. The majority of today's magic users need a wand or a staff.

As every hunter must know how to deal with monsters, training missions are arranged once the group has some free time.