rain drops #1

"please pick up."
"Please."I begged at my phone but the phone kept on ringing and ringing and then it stopped. "Mom please pick up."

I was standing near a bus stop in Seoul praying that my mom or sister anyone would pick up the phone and help me out in this unknown city but no one. No one picked up.

"Fuck!" I cursed out loud receiving
Some disgusting looks from the aunties sitting in the bus stop. They were looking at me as if they haven't seen a woman curse before.

I suddenly started looking
Around ,Nervously biting my nails. "Okay  Karina , keep calm. it's okay , you'll figure this out." But nothing goes my way does it now.

It started pouring.
I was wearing a white button up shirt.
This was a really bad idea.

"shit!! How is this even possible."
Lightening.
And of course I didn't have an umbrella. I mean this is my first day in Korea and I landed what? 2 hours ago. It hadn't even been 2 minutes , yet I was drenched and I bet everyone could see though my shirt.

A man budged into me making me loose my balance and fall into a puddle of water. Making this whole situation worse. "Ah , mianhe!" was all he said though he sounded annoyed.

"asshole!" I blurted out angrier than ever. He was about to go his way but he heard me and turned around.

"What did you fucking say?" Was what he said.

"Nothing." I quickly changed my expression and gave him a small smile.
"Oh sorry I mean " I quickly got up. He was a scary man. I mean he was taller and bulkier than me not to mention he looked a decade older than me."
"Asshole? You ungrateful bitch!" He pulled the collar of my shirt and I felt like my heart dropped out of my chest. Like the world went upside down and in this rage and fury I put all the force I had in me to push him away and get away from his grip. I felt a breeze of cold entering my body and that was when I realized that my shirt was pulled below my shoulder making it visible for everyone at the bus stop to view. I don't know if it was the pouring rain or my tears but my heart ached from the cold as I turned away and ran. I ran as fast as I could , without knowing where I came from or what my direction was. I just kept running maybe from my problems , maybe from the embarrassment and I hit something hard that made me stumble back and to my surprise I saw a familiar face.

Jaehyun.

"Jaehyun?" I whispered. "Are you really jaehyun?" My heart was beating out of my chest and I kept on crying. He took a glance at my eyes , my hair and then my clothes and his eyes twitched. There was hurt in his eyes as he pulled me in a soft hug. Not asking me anything. Not telling me anything, just embracing me. His hands caressed my hair but he said nothing. He heard me cry my heart out yet he only pulled me closer and whispered that he's here and that it's okay.

_____

A few moments passed , I was sitting on his couch in his modern apartment with a hot cup of tea in my hands and his jacket on my shoulders.

"So , what are you doing here?" He said after contemplating what to say for a few minutes. "It's a long ass story." I saw with a chuckle. "Well it's not like time is running out." He said with a smile but time was running out , out of my control and soon it will vanish. I sigh looking into his pitying eyes. Those eyes that I loved but also the eyes I ended up hating the most.

"Long story short my mom kicked me out of her house and told me to move to Korea and when I land here I find out I need to get married to some rich kid." I said in a comical way only to get a concerned look from him.

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "How do you always mess your life up huh?" he laughs trying to joke around but my eyes harden and I remember why I hated him so much and why we never could have a happy ever after. It's as if he can see the change in my attitude that he gets up and tries to change the topic. "You know we might not be on good terms but I have an extra room Incase you need a place to stay." But before i could even stand up and reply my phone starts to ring and an unknown number flashes on my screen.

"Hello?" I ask , please be some good news. "Hello. Is this ms. Karina speaking?." A voice of a man speaking Korean comes from my phone. "Yeah , it's Karina speaking , how may I help you?" I start to ponder who could this be , I don't know many Korean people to begin with because I've lived in the states for most of my life. "Finally, where are you?." The man drops his formal speech. "Yah! I don't even know you why are you being so friendly? It's creeping me out." I stand up and jaehyun moves closer to me. "Oh well , sorry for that by the way I'm lee heeseung the guy who had to pick you up from the airport." He suddenly changes to English. This man is confusing.

I look at jaehyun and then divert my eyes to the chandelier attached to the roof. "I'll text you the address so come pick me up , and sorry for not being at the airport I  didn't know that you were coming to pick me up." I look back at jaehyun and his face hardens , suddenly he seems upset.

"Who was that?" He tries coming closer but stop him from. "Just a guy." I reply. "What do you mean just a guy?" He says seemingly angry. "Woah buddy , why are you so worked up? We're not even dating anymore and thanks for the tea and stuff." I walk across him taking my suitcase and moving towards the main door. "But I really overstayed my visit here." I look back and give him a smile.

____

I come downstairs. I told the guy who was coming to pick me up to come in front of the apartment building. I wait a few minutes and realize how fucked up this all is. I'm in Korea. I'm getting married. I just went to my exes house. I'm going to go with a random dude to his house. Jaehyun was really right. How do I always mess my life up. Lost in my thoughts I hear the honk of a car , a black bmw pulls up and I see a man get out of the car. He's tall wearing a black oversized hoodie with black baggy jeans. A watch strapped to his wrist. Black glasses and white sneaker. I wasn't expecting him to be so casual? I don't know I thought these rich kids always stay in suits or some shit. 

I finally look up from his shoes to meet his eyes , he has a small smirk on his face. I take a deep breath and bow "hi , I'm Karina nice to meet you." I try to pass him a smile but honestly I'm embarrassed by the way I look and that this is his first impression of me.

"Hi , I'm heeseung pleasure to meet you too." He says with a smile giving me a small bow but why does that smile irrate me so much. God.

We don't talk much , he takes my luggage and puts it in the trunk of the car and quickly returns to open the car door for me. I bow to thank him and get in the car. "So can you please explain to me what is happening?" I saw turning towards him. "What do you mean?" His eyes are focused on the road but he knows exactly what I mean. "I mean I'm in a strangers car right now , going to his house and I'm going to be living there AND get married into that family. Isn't that I don't know a bit crazy." I face stare into his face. His face turns towards me and we stop at the traffic light.

"I know it's all crazy and all but I. Promise we'll explain it all once we get home." He gives me a smile and turns his face towards the road again. I slump back into the comfortable seat of his car and curse at my life.

___