Welcome to NRC - 1

(Cherry is still the same as Dragon, the mc of the old version of this story. Everything is the same, just a different name.)

  "Cherry..."

  "They need you, Cherry..."

  "Help them... help them!"

I awoke with a jump, my chest heaving as I tried to calm myself down. I had dreams like this all of the time, but the one I just awoke from struck me with fear.

"Is it still nighttime?" I asked in a whisper.

My thoughts were interrupted by scurrying on the ground. It almost sounded like an animal.

"Waah! I gotta get this outfit right now before they wake up!" Someone asked in a foreign voice.

I was slightly alarmed by the unfamiliar voice, and tried see what was going on. However, when I did, I was met with a wall. I gripped my forehead, trying my utmost to not say anything. The last thing I wanted was to draw attention to
myself.

"Gyah?! They're wakin' up already! I gotta hurry!" The same voice panicked.

"Nnngh! Darn it...This thing's way too heavy!" He complained.

After a few more seconds of rummaging around, he groaned in frustration.

"This thing is so heavy... I can't get the lid off!"

The voice paused for a moment as if to think, then began again.

"Ha.. Get a load of this then!" He yelled.

Suddenly, a gust of hot air blew, blowing the door off of the container I was held in. I panicked when I realized it was blue fire. It most likely belonged to a monster.

"Fnngyah?! You're awake?!" He yelled.

I looked around and noticed how odd the room I was in was. I definitely wasn't at home anymore. Coffins floated in the air, and I stood on cool gray stone that looked like it was made for a castle. The rest of the room oddly resembled a castle as well, but it didn't give the same cheerful vibe you'd expect.

"Hey you! Down here!" The voice yelled.

I jumped, almost forgetting about him for a moment. My eyes trailed down to the floor, and I was met with.. a cat?

"Huh..? A cat?" I looked down at him, feeling less threatened.

"I'm not a cat! I'm Grim, the most powerful wizard in the world!" He yelled.

I couldn't help but chuckle to myself. He was so cute and small that it was hard to take him seriously.

"Hahhh?! What are you laughing at, huh?! Hurry up and give me your clothes!" He demanded.

I cocked my head to the side in confusion.

"My clothes?" I asked, looking down and expecting to be in my nightgown.

I was surprised to see that I was now wearing a robe. It was beautiful. Dark purple and black with a gold lining. The hood was just a tad too big, but I could still see just fine. Why does this outfit feel so familiar?

"Hurry up!" He yelled again, getting impatient.

"No way! This won't even fit you anyway!" I argued.

"Fine! If you wanna do this the hard way... get a taste of my flames!" He threatened, puffing out his cheeks and preparing an attack.

"Ah! No! Bad kitty!" I panicked, backing away from him as he blew flames in my direction.