01

The door opened and icy blue eyes met my dark brown ones

The door opened and icy blue eyes met my dark brown ones. She ran her fingers through her hair as she pushed the loose curls back from her face.

She licked her lips and her tongue ring peeped out at me before disappearing back into her mouth.

She had a masculine figure but her face gave it away that she was indeed a woman.

Her skin was clear and spotless, lips were rosy, long lashes and a few piercings. Her jawline was sharp and so were her features.

Gay?

"Are you homophobic?" She asked while folding her arms and raising a brow.

Did I say that out loud?

"Yeah you did," she said and I wanted to face-palm myself so badly.

"No, I'm not homophobic," I stuttered out and she hums in response.

Great first impression Scarlett

*sarcasm*

"Yeah not really a good one," she commented and I realized I said that out loud.

What is wrong with me?!

"I'm sorry. I'm Scarlett, your not homophobic neighbor," I said and she leaned onto the door frame.

"Jaylynn, your very gay neighbor," she responded while looking into my eyes intensely. I swallowed hard before giving her a slight nod.

"Well it's nice to meet you Jaylynn," I said.

I reached out my hand and she shook it. I pulled my hand away quicker than needed and she placed her hands into her pocket.

Now I really look homophobic,

She let out a short low humorless chuckle while looking away. Her tongue roll against her cheeks as her eyes met mine once more.

This looks bad

I wanted to be swallowed by the earth at this point.

"I made you chocolate chip cookies as a welcome gift to the neighborhood-"

"Thanks but I don't do sweets. I'm sure your cookies are delicious but I'm gonna have to pass," she said while rolling up the sleeves of her silk dress shirt.

"No that's okay," I said and she placed her hand on the doorknob.

"If you don't mind I would like to get back to unpacking my stuff," she said and I nod.

"Sure," I said before giving her a small smile, she didn't return it so I turned around. She closed her door and I walked away.

That was terrible

My heels made clicking sounds on the concrete pavement as I made my way over to my house.

The moment I stepped onto my porch I saw Davina making her way towards Jaylynn's house.