Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen
Makeup or not?

"WOAH" bucks voice rang through the fire house. "You look like hell."

Eve to a deep inhale and closed her eyes. "Thanks Evan, thanks so very much." She flashed a fake smile.

"What happened?" Buck asked when a got a full look of his sister, the last time she looked this bad was when her high school boyfriend broke up with her. "Wait. Don't tell me."

Eve closed her eyes telling herself don't cry over and over. "Yes, I'm single now." She spoke. "Now please don't mention it because I've barely stopped myself from crying on the way here."

Buck's face fell, the sight of his sister, heart broken, broken him. "Alright." He muttered. Now buck was set in breaking Eddie's nose.

"And don't go trying to break his nose." Eve groaned. "I was the one to break up with him."

Buck's eyebrows knitted together. "Why?"

"He kept a secret from me a very big secret and then we discussed it which i concluded as we need a break, but we all know what that means."

"What's the secret?" Buck asked.

"Go ask him." Eve muttered. "Now I'm going to try to take a nap in that corner."

When Eddie walked into work he also looked like he'd been hit with a bus.

"What is the secret that has my sister crying?" Buck asked in a demanding tone.

Eddie inhaled not wanting to deal with Buck. "I'm married." He answered simply. "Now leave me alone."

Buck stood just as baffled as his sister was when she heard those words. "You're married?" Buck inquired.

"Yes, now I'd like to be left the hell alone." Eddie snapped.

"Alright." Buck mumbled allowing Eddie to walk away.

ALL THE 118 knew the situation as soon as they saw how awful the pair looked and that they weren't being affectionate. But everyone knew not to say anything especially to eve who looked one word away from turning into a puddle.

However Bobby thought he should check on the girl.

"Eve." Bobby muttered, placing a hand on the girl's shoulder. Eve had been sitting at the bar with her head down sleeping away the pain she felt both mentally and physically.

"Yeah, Cap?" Eve inquired lifting her head. The blonde looked like she was hit by a truck and then a train and then a truck again. Her eyes where blood shot and puffy, her nose was red from how much she had been running her sleeve over it and her hair wasn't neatly packed into a pony tail as it normal was, instead it was thrown into a bun.

"Will you come speak with me." Bobby didn't really ask it was more of a polite order.

Eve nodded and pealed herself from her seat following Bobby to his office.

"Are you ok?" Bobby asked as soon as they had both sat down.

That was the wrong question, it was always the wrong question to ask when someone looked the way she did.

"No." Eve sobbed into her hands.

"Alright, mind telling me what happened."

"He's flipping married!" Eve snapped her head up and flung her head pointing out of the room indicating where Eddie could possibly be. "Never told me. Nothing. Found out while we where checking out a school for Christopher."