New Talent

"Here you go Silvermist." Terence says as he is pouring dust on the group.

"Thank you Terence. I hope Tinker Bell is okay." Silvermist says.

"It went pretty bad. She definitely wasn't happy." Alexis says.

"I know. That poor little sapling. She looked pretty wilted yesterday." Rosetta says.

"Well I wouldn't blame her if she stayed in bed all day." Iridessa says before someone flies past startling the group.

"Morning girls!" The person says revealing to be Tinker Bell.

"Tinker Bell?" The group asks.

"Guess what? I've decided I'm not gonna be a tinker fairy anymore." Tinker Bell says happily.

"What? You're not gonna be a tinker anymore?" Alexis asks.

"Well I was thinking. Why do I have to be a tinker? Just 'cause some silly hammer glowed? I mean who's to say it wasn't some big mistake? Maybe I can just switch my talent." Tinker Bell says as she smiles as the others look at her in surprise.

"Switch your talent? I don't know Tinker Bell..." Rosetta says.

"If you could teach me your talents. Any of them. Maybe I could show the Queen I can work with nature too. And then she'd let me go to the mainland for spring." Tinker Bell says.

"Oh Tinker Bell. That's just not how it works." Rosetta says.

"Well maybe she could." Fawn says.

"She's right. She could." Silvermist says.

"Well I've never heard of someone switching talents before." Iridessa says.

"Yeah. It's never been done before. Besides Tinker Bell what is so bad about being a tinker? Yes it has down falls but so do the rest of us. For example we can not do each other's talents. We each have something we're good at and meant to do." Alexis says.

"There's nothing wrong with being a tinker. Look. You all do things that are beautiful and magical and important. But me well there's gotta be more to my life than just pots and kettles. All I'm asking is that you give me a chance." Tinker Bell says.

"I'll help you Tinker Bell." Silvermist says as she smiles.

"Thank you Sil." Tinker Bell says as she smiles.

"Me too. Could be fun." Fawn says.

"Well first time for everything I guess. What harm can come from trying?" Rosetta asks.

"Okay I guess I'm in too." Alexis says.

"Well I still think this is a bad idea." Iridessa says.

"Thanks guys." Tinker Bell says as she smiles.

"You guys go on ahead. I'm gonna go check on some things first." Alexis says as she begins to fly off.

"More like go check on a boy." Rosetta says.

"Rosetta!" Alexis says as she looks at Rosetta.

"We ain't gonna stop till you speak up." Fawn says as Alexis shakes her head.

"Never happening." Alexis says before flying off.

*Timeskip*

"Hey Clank. Bobble." Alexis says as she finds Bobble and Clank with some acorns.

"Miss Alexis." Clank says.

"Have you seen Tinker Bell?" Bobble asks.

"Oh um..." Alexis says nervously.

"You know you where she is don't you?" Bobble asks as he looks at Alexis.

"What gave it away?" Alexis asks.

"We've been friends long enough. So I know when you're trying to avoid an answer." Bobble says.

"Fine. Yeah. But she should hopefully be back working soon." Alexis says.

"We hope so. She has a lot of work to do." Bobble says as he gestures to Tinker Bell's work table.

"Well I could try and lend a hand. I'm not a tinker but I'm a fast learner. Just show me what to do and I'll do my best." Alexis says as she smiles.

"Are you sure? This is Tinker Bell's job." Bobble says as he looks at Alexis.

"Yeah but you guys need the help. And I don't mind. My job is being where I'm needed after all." Alexis says as she smiles reassuringly.

"Thanks Alexis. We owe you one." Bobble says as he smiles.

*Timeskip*

"Hey Fawn and I are waiting for you Tinker-" Alexis then gets cut off seeing Tinker Bell yelling at Bobble and Clank.

"I don't wanna be just a stupid tinker!" Tinker Bell shouts angrily before Clank and Bobble give sad looks.

"Tinker Bell!" Alexis says angrily.

"No, no. Not that you guys are... I didn't mean that..." Tinker Bell says as Bobble and Clank leave.

"Tinker Bell I know you are not happy about the way things are but that gives you no right to take it out on Bobble or Clank. I heard from the others how things have been going. I'm sorry but I'm not gonna try to teach you any of my talents if this is how you will behave. You can't change who you are whether you like it or not." Alexis says.

"And how do you know?" Tinker Bell asks as she looks at Alexis.

"Because I'm a wolf shifter fairy born with multiple nature talents. That's why. I never wanted that. I don't belong in any specific talent. I wish I could change that. At least you belong somewhere. You need to seriously think about things Tinker Bell. Bobble, Clank wait!" Alexis says as she leaves.

*Timeskip*

"There she is." Alexis says as the group finds Tinker Bell finishing fixing a music box.

"You fixed it!" Rosetta says as the group goes over.

"What are you guys doing here?" Tinker Bell asks in surprise.

"It might be the sparkliest thing I've ever seen and I've seen a lot of sparkly things!" Iridessa says as the group investigates the music box.

"It's a really pretty thingy. What is it?" Silvermist asks as she looks at Tinker Bell.

"I don't know. I just found it." Tinker Bell says.

"Tinker Bell don't you even realize what you're doing? You're tinkering!" Rosetta says.

"You're doing your talent." Alexis says.

"What? No, no. This isn't... I was just..." Tinker Bell says.

"Creating those gadgets, figuring things out, fixing stuff like this. That's what tinkering is sweetie!" Rosetta says.

"Don't you like doing this? Isn't it what you really love?" Iridessa asks.

"Yeah! Who cares about going to the mainland anyway?" Silvermist asks.

"Well I do remember? I want to see where these things come from. Why are you saying this? Are you just giving up on me? I mean aren't you going to teach me to be a garden fairy anymore?" Tinker Bell asks as she looks at Rosetta.

"Sweet pea I think this is your talent." Rosetta says.

"Tink we just want you to be happy." Silvermist says.

"If you really want me to be happy you'll help me get to the mainland like you promised." Tinker Bell says angrily.

"I'm sorry Tinker Bell. We've done all we can but this is your talent. Just like I told you it is." Alexis says.

"Please Tinker Bell just think about it." Fawn says before the group flies off.