The Origin

After tossing and turning in his bed all night, the male would switch on the light on his lamp. He wasn't sure of what or who took away his beauty sleep the other night. He tried to remember what did, but he couldn't. The red head would swift his legs over the bed and would sit himself up. Checking the time on his alarm clock, he almost choked on his cough when he saw it was midnight-- the witching hour. Knowing that he wouldn't be able to sleep anymore, he left his bedroom to the kitchen where he made himself a glass of sunflower tea. As he looked at his back door, a chill would brutally spread like molten flames down his back. It's only winter, he told himself, focusing on making the tea. Measuring out the scoop, putting the water in, but as he made the liquid. He couldn't help but feel kind of ill and uneasy. As he looked over at his back door, the lock was in place there was nothing out of the ordinary he thought. Turning back to the tea, he quickly scooped it up and tried his best to forget what the fuck just happened.  He started past the back door to his room on the other side of the house but then he stopped. He thought just one peek couldn't hurt anyone. The chill came back up his spine, as he stepped towards the backdoor. When he reached the door, he put his palm onto the frosty-feeling wooden door, taking a deep breathe, he peeked through the peephole. At first, the boy saw nothing, there was only cold frost and only a black wave-ish sort of thing circling. When he blinked out of shock, it all melted away. He wished it hadn't. In replace of the frost in the darkness, was what he thought was possibly once a man. The limbs were inhuman-like and unbelievably long. The figure kind of looked like a tree possibly you would see in a normal park. The creature was somehow wearing a suit, making it much more horrific to the boy. The icing on the cake, however, was the fact that when he looked at the creatures' face, if you could even call it that, shocked him up so much. It started to burn into his mind, it was like he couldn't escape it. He slid himself back from the door, as he accidentally dropped his hot tea, it started to burn his feet and upper legs. As he fell and began to crawl away from the door. He was trying to make it back to his room. Somehow, he knew that his brain was not playing tricks on him at all. As he crab-crawled away from the door, he watched as these snake-like tendrils dark as the night sky started to snake through the door cracks.  The male was trapped between his fly-or-flight mode and the gut feeling to not turn his attention from the door. When the door started to shake and jolt, the urge to flight kicked on as he slipped on the hot liquid trying to escape to his room. He knew deep down that he was trapping himself in a corner, but he had to get out of there, he knew it. The boy was half-way down the hallway when he heard the previously locked door start to creak open. He hollered in fright, slipping on the liquid, he ran into the wall smacking his chin open. After that, there was only darkness. ***** "Michael?" a calmly spoken, male voice snapped him out of his trance. As he woke up, he was met by one of his sister's doctor's. He nodded, not sure if he should say anything, or even if he did find his voice again did, he have to say anything to them. That morning, she had gotten an urgent phone call from the hospital, saying that her brother, Michael, was there. Before they had even let her see him, the doctors pulled her aside and insisted that they had to talk to her about what happened. Phrases like, 'Self-inflected' and 'Assault' had been thrown around and Nora felt her mind reel. She still couldn't fully process what they had fully been saying until she saw Michael with her own eyes. Her little brother had a tough bandage wrapped around his head, covering of his ears as well as his eyes. They said it was to keep his now deadened out eyes from drying out and trying to keep out infections from the wounds that Michael made to his ears. The doctors guessed that either he or someone else had jammed a pencil into his ears to keep him off balance, or to deafen himself against something. There was a mix of first and second degree burns on his hands, legs, and feet, from what was assumed to be tea, his friend found him in all over the bottom floor of the house. As Nora, made her way into her brothers' hospital room for the first time, she thought she spied the silhouette of a man in the window. That, she knew, was impossible, there was no way. Her brother's room was on the third story of the hospital.