Ch. 17

Later when Xingqiu woke up, he realized soemthing very crucial.

He left his only semi-clean pair of his regular clothes at Chongyun's.

And therefore could not leave his house.

He pulls Chongyun's pants back on and heads to the door, planning on taking a detour to get to Chongyun's house without being seen, when someone comes knocking at the door.

He opens it cautiously, and his brain immediately stops working when he sees what he does.

"Sorry, I realized I gave you my only clean pair of my usual clothes and was too tired to notice..." Chongyun mumbles, his face a cherry red. "I wore yours over since I didn't have anything else, but I didn't realize how...tight your clothing is."

It clearly was a sight to behold, since Chongyun rarely wore tight or restricting clothing himself. He continues to pull at the hem of Xingqiu's shorts on his body, willing them to grow longer while Xingqiu tries not to blush harder.

"W-we can change back right now if you'd like. You can come up to my room." Xingqiu says before quickly turning his back to avoid blushing too hard.

"He's not cute he's not cute he is NOT cute in my clothes!" Xingqiu yells at himself internally.

"Xingqiu looks cute in my clothes." Chongyun thinks to himself.

Once they're upstairs in Xingqiu's room, the blood drains from his face when he realizes that there's no good way of doing this since they both have to take off their clothes.

Chongyun, however, didn't seem to care, and started undressing.

"Wh-what are you doing?" Xingqiu asks him.

"I'm giving you your clothes. Are you not comfortable with me undressing in front of you?" He asks, the overcoat hanging off his shoulders and making Xingqiu blush even harder than he wanted to.

"No, I was just a little surprised. You just caught me off guard for a second." He laughs nervously.

He undoes the buttons on the sweatshirt before passing it off to him and quickly pulling on his shirt and overcoat. He impatiently stares down at his socks while he holds his pants in his arms, standing and waiting for Chongyun to give him his shorts back.

When he does he quickly pulls them on and tries to relax at the familiarity - but that's before he realizes that the clothes now smell like him because he was wearing them.

"There is no way I'm going to survive being friends with this boy." He thinks to himself dismally.

"I've gotta get going. I'm supposed to meet my Auntie Shenhe for some training." Chongyun says, pivoting on his heel and grabbing the doorknob.

He hesitates in opening the door though, and slowly turns around to face Xingqiu while his face dusts pink from embarrassment.

"Um, is it okay if I give you a hug before I go? It was really nice last night, and..." he trails off.

"Huh? O-oh! Sure! That's fine." Xingqiu smiles awkwardly, holding his arms out. He couldn't believe Chongyun liked contact from him that much, but a little part of him was secretly happy he got to be closer to him.

Chongyun gives him a tight hug that was quickly reciprocated, resting his head on his shoulder and relaxing at his touch.

They stay like that for a bit longer than would be expected, and Xingqiu pats him awkwardly on the back to signal it.

"Sorry, am I doing this wrong? I don't really know how to properly give hugs or anything like that..." he apologizes while stepping away from him.

"There's no correct way to hug someone I guess. Just usually some hugs are shorter. But if you like to give them for longer, then..." he allows a shy smile to creep up on his face. "I don't mind."